Strawberries to Mango: Hey you, are you ripe and sweet yet? We are getting super ripe and close to spoiling, sitting in the refrigerator..
Mango: Yeah, I am supposedly ripe too, but not that sweet yet...I guess these guys like sweeter mangoes.
Strawberries: I hope we dont end up all spoilt and in the trash....uh oh.. here she comes..!
- 7-8 strawberries
- 1 medium mango
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2-3 cups of water
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt(kala namak)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- In a pressure cooker or a deep pan, add strawberries, peeled chopped mango, mint leaves, salt, sugar, rock salt, cumin powder, and water enough to cover the fruit.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle, or boil for 15-20 minutes until mango is soft and cooked.
- Blend the mixture when cool and adjust salt, sugar and rock salt(rock salt adds a nice sour taste).
- Add more or less water according to preference. You can make this with raw fruits too!
- Serve chilled topped with fresh mint leaves!
- Wish you all a Happy Summer!