Achari Broccoli and Zucchini! We usually make Achari Baingan (Eggplant in pickle curry) or Achari Gobi(Cauliflower in pickle spices). I had to finish the wilting broccoli, so I tried this combination and it worked pretty well!
The curry is onion based and spices usually used in Indian pickles! This same curry can be used to make stuffed or stirfried baby eggplants(baingan), okra(bhindi) or bitter gourd(Karela)!. Just the spices can be roasted and powdered and added to any dry vegetable preparation as well! Hope you all like it!
- In a medium pan heat 2 teaspoons oil at medium low.
- Add in the onions and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in fennel, coriander, cumin, poppy, fenugreek, nigella seeds, chopped ginger and the dry red chili and cook on medium low till the onions turn golden. Add more or less spices depending on taste preference.
- Cool the onion mixture a bit and blend with a little water into a blended puree.
- In the same pan, add a little oil and the onion puree.
- Add in the broccoli and zucchini, salt and sugar and mix well to coat.
- Cook for 25-35minutes on low, stirring occasionally until the curry thickens and veggies well cooked.
- Serve hot with Rotis, puris or Naan!(Indian flat breads)
This yummy fusion curry is headed to Ricki’s Wellness Week at Diet Dessert and Dogs!