This easy springy bowl today to balance out the decadence from the Carrot Cake Pancakes Beans tossed in herbs and lightly roasted, Rainbow Chard wilted with garlic and chili, fresh juicy tomato and a generous sprinkling of the Pepita thyme rosemary nutritional yeast crumble. A dash of lemon juice and optional evoo. Less ingredients, more flavor!. mmm mmm
I am slow on the bowl trend. I think its because a- both me and hubbs prefer our beans and lentils flavored up, cooked with a lot of stuff, b- I am not a fan of cold salads, it hurts my teeth :(. Our usual meals are pretty much bowls, cooked indian lentil/bean dahls/soups, plus veggies(cooked in pan instead of roasted), with whole grain flatbread or rice. It just isnt in one bowl, but rather on a plate. and served piping hot. When we do eat a bowl, it is usually leftovers, some greens, leftover curry or dahl or beans, leftover spiced veggies, rice or croutons.
But some days, we just want a light flavorful dinner that comes together quickly and uses up the greens. So I created this bowl with a lot of herbs, cooked most everything a bit, to warm things up. the heat also infuses the flavors more and topped it with the delicious herbed parmesan. do not go on the pictures with the scant sprinkling. It is for the photographs so the beans and greens are visible. Use all of it and more in this White Bean Chard Bowl
More bowls and Salads. all gluten-free and can be made soy-free. I see a pattern here. bowls of 3 things. Cauliflower quinoa collard. Mung sprouts, carrots, kale. hmm.
This Roasted Cauliflower, Collard, Quinoa bowl with Almond Sriracha sauce. yum
Mung Bean Sprouts and Seared carrots with spicy Chili Lime Dressing
Quinoa Bell pepper chickpea Oyster Mushroom bowl
Maple glazed Tempeh, greens, Cherry tomato salad.
Bitter and Sweet Asian Salad.
Also, do not miss this fantastic write up by Natala. There are more than one way to be on a plant-based diet. Words of support go much further than judgement and criticism.
We forget that eventually all ways are benefiting the animals that are not being eaten/used/abused.
Herbed white bean chard bowl.
Waiting to be loaded with the parmesan. above picture.
Herbed White Bean Rainbow Chard Thyme Pepita Parmesan Bowl
Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, nut. Can be made gluten-free, refined oil-free.
1 tsp oil (optional)
4-5 large Rainbow chard leaves, chopped, fat ribs removed.
Slice juicy tomatoes or cherry tomatoes and add to bowl.
Add a drizzle of lemon juice and optional extra virgin olive oil.
Grind or blend the pepitas, breadcrumbs with the herbs and nutritional yeast to a coarse mix.
Sprinkle liberally on the bowl and serve warm or cold.
For Variations: Add roasted sweet potatoes or veggies of choice, change up the beans.
- 1 tsp oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne or to taste
- a generous pinch of salt
- 4-5 large Rainbow chard leaves, chopped, fat ribs removed.
- 1 can Great Northern beans or other white beans
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp each of dry thyme, rosemary, garlic powder
- sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tbsp bread crumbs, or gf crumbs or oats or pepitas
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp dry rosemary
- a generous dash of black pepper
- 1-2 tsp nutritional yeast
- In a pan, add oil and heat at medium heat. Add the garlic powder, cayenne and salt and cook for a few seconds to infuse the oil (or use water/broth).
- Add Chard leaves and 1 Tbsp of water, mix well. cover and cook until lightly wilted 2-3 minutes.
- Remove Chard from the pan and add to bowl.
- Add beans, salt, a Tbsp water and herbs to the same pan.
- Cover and Cook for 5-6 minutes. Let sit covered for 2 mins then Remove from pan and add to bowl.
- Slice juicy tomatoes or cherry tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Add a drizzle of lemon juice and optional extra virgin olive oil.
- Grind or blend the pepitas, breadcrumbs with the herbs and nutritional yeast to a coarse mix.
- Sprinkle liberally on the bowl and serve warm or cold.
- For Variations: Add roasted sweet potatoes or veggies of choice, change up the beans.