Happy Cinco De Mayo!
No Mojitos today, but these balls will help fill those shoes. Zesty Lime, fresh mint, nuts and seeds and alcohol if you like. Snack on these every day! No Bake, raw, and delicious.
These zesty fresh snack balls are very addictive, especially when fresh as the mint is fresh for the first 2 days. Add less or more mint to taste. These bites are just mildly sweet with just enough dates. Add more sweet to taste.
More super food snacks
these Super Seed Chocolate Protein Bars – No Nuts, No Dates!
Almond butter Dark Chocolate chunk Protein Bars.
Check out the Cinco de mayo round up here for some amazing options.
Make these bites! Yup, running on blank today. Not a fun Monday So lets just get to the recipe
Mojito Energy Balls
Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, gluten. Can be made grain-free by omitting oats.
Makes 10-12 balls
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup certified gf oats (or use quinoa flakes or coconut flakes to omit Oats)
1 Tbsp flax seeds
1/8 tsp salt
Shape into balls or bars. Store refrigerated for upto a week, frozen for months. Use mint extract for storing the refrigerator for longer.
Variations: Add a scoop of protein powder to amp up the protein. Roll into coconut flakes or sesame seeds for variation.
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup certified gf oats (or use quinoa flakes or coconut flakes to omit Oats)
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- ½ cup dry coconut shreds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 9 Medjool dates, ¾ cup , add more for sweeter
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves (use mint extract for longer shelf life)
- 2 tsp lime/lemon juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 to 2 Tbsp rum or tequila, or Orange juice or a combination of these
- Add almonds, walnuts, oats, flax seeds to a food processor and pulse to a coarse meal.
- Add coconut, chia, sesame, salt, mint leaves and dates and pulse till the dates are well incorporated. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and 2 Tbsp of orange juice or liquor and pulse to combine. The mixture should now be doughy.
- Transfer to a bowl. If too wet, add oat flour and mix in. If too dry, add more juice or maple syrup. Taste and adjust sweet if needed by adding sugar or maple syrup.
- Shape into balls or bars. Store refrigerated for upto a week, frozen for months. Use mint extract for storing the refrigerator for longer.
- Variations: Add a scoop of protein powder to amp up the protein. Roll into coconut flakes or sesame seeds for variation.