Some Days I just want my chocolate fix which isn’t all chocolate. And this Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake hits the spot. The cake is more a quick bread with just the right amount of sweet (mild) from coconut sugar. I added some chocolate chips for an additional chocolate+sweet boost. The soft, moist, buttery slices make a great snack, breakfast or dessert with some whipped coconut cream or ice cream!
The cake is easy and uses just 2 bowls. Mix the wet in one, dry in one. Combine to make batter. Divide the batter into 2, add cocoa to one and nut butter like peanut, almond, hazelnut to the other. Marble and bake!
Some chit chat about blogging. The other day, someone asked me about what do I do the whole day. Well, let me see. Recipe development, photography, editing, some more editing, some more cooking for dinner, editing photos, research, marketing the book, writing to brands and magazines, keeping the blog updated, social media, some more social media, comments, blog back-end stuff, some more tech stuff, keeping a tab on all the ad network so they don’t let non vegan ads slip by, more book stuff, articles, and there is lots more, you get the picture. Just the other day we added caching (sitelock) to the blog and now the html attributes like title on the blog are not getting detected. Oh well, the weekend has been scheduled for debugging. And a reminder to self to schedule some eye exercising time in the day. What’s your plan for the weekend?
Cooking and eating all the food, and watching everyone of you cook, eat and love the food too is of course the most awesome part.
More Friday inspiration from the blog
- Vegan Almond Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Cake and Cake Mix In a Jar
- Vegan Gingerbread Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake for One. No Bake!
If you make something from the blog, do tag me with #veganricha. Quick note, Amazon has been slashing prices on books since the past few days and print books are anywhere from 10 to 13 bucks! Keep an eye out on your favorite books that make great gifts 🙂
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour, or use whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup unbleached white flour or all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar or other vegan sugar (use a few tbsp more for sweeter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 2.5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter or almond butter or other creamy nut or seed butter
- vegan mini chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In one bowl, whisk in all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the non dairy milk, sugar, vanilla, oil and flax and mix until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add dry to wet and mix until just about combined.
- Transfer half of the batter into the other bowl.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder to one bowl and mix until just combined. Add 2 tbsp chocolate chips (optional) and fold in
- Soften the nut butter on stove top or microwave, then add to the other bowl. Mix to combine.
- Grease or line a medium loaf pan (8.5 by 4.5 inch) with parchment. Add half the chocolate batter and spread with a spatula to cover the base. Then add the peanut butter layer and lightly spread with the spatula. Then chocolate then peanut butter.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips or walnuts on top if you like.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick form the center comes out clean.
- Cool, slice, share.