One Bowl Vegan Banana Apple Bread. This moist Vegan Banana Bread has ripe banana, shredded apple and nut butter. Add Walnuts or chocolate chips. Vegan Breakfast Recipe.
I am the only person in the house who gets to eat Banana breads. Hubbs is allergic, so I end up making loafs with other fruit puree more often. Our breakfasts most days are a savory affair. We always keep some time in the morning to cook up and eat breakfast with each other. Snacking during the day is another matter. Depending on the day and the meals, I reach out for nuts as the default snack option. Nuts are great if I eat a few, too many and I get pimples and a double chin. A slice of a hearty loaf like this makes for a great snack to last till the next meal and to keep me away from the big bowl of nuts.
Make this Easy Vegan Banana Apple Bread filled with bananas, apple, nut butter, no added oil, nuts and chocolate chips. This banana bread has shredded apple in it. Use zucchini to make Banana Zucchini bread. You can add finely chopped apple as well for chunkier pieces. Make it with all spelt or wheat pastry flour or half and half whole grain + unbleached white.
This bread needs one bowl. Whisk in the dry ingredients. Blend up the banana with non dairy milk. No banana chunks, no mashing needed. Add in the apple and nuts. Bake, slice and serve. For a gluten-free option see GF Banana Walnut Breakfast Loaf. You can also make the batter into Vegan Banana Apple muffins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
More Breakfast Loafs and Muffins from the blog.
- Banana Walnut Breakfast Loaf. Gluten-free
- Banana Oat Quinoa Quick Bread bar.
- Pumpkin Sunshine Loaf. Gluten-free
- Banana Chocolate Bread.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Whisk all the dry ingredients and spices (pumpkin pie spice or other) in a bowl.
Blend the banana with non diary milk and nut butter and add to the bowl.
Add in the apples, nuts, Vegan Chocolate Chips etc and fold in. Drop the batter into a lined loaf pan.
Bake until done. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pan and cool completely before slicing.
Slice and store on the counter for the day and refrigerated (for upto 4 days) if storing for longer.
- 1¾ cup flour (I use 1 cup spelt/white whole wheat + ¾ cup unbleached white flour)
- 2¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon or other spices of choice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 to 4 Tbsp powdered / fine sugar or sweetener (depends on how ripe the bananas are. Use less or more)
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 Tbsp nut butter or use oil (I use almond butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated apple (1 regular size apple shredded)
- A few Tbsps walnuts, pecans, vegan chocolate chips , dried fruit, chopped dates or other additions
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F
- In a bowl whisk all the dry ingredients really well. (flour through sugar, including sugar).
- In a small blender, add banana, non dairy milk, nut butter, molasses, vanilla. Blend until smooth. (You can also mash the banana in a bowl until smooth then mix in the non dairy milk, nut butter and molasses). Add to the bowl. Mix until well combined into a stiff batter. Add grated apple. Add walnuts, other nuts, dates, or chocolate chips. I added 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, 1 Tbsp chopped cashews and 2 Tbsp chocolate chips. fold in well.
- Transfer batter to parchment lines loaf pan. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top (optional).
- Bake for 40 minutes at 365 degrees F.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick from the center comes out almost clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and cool completely before slicing.