Easy Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe. I use ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Sometimes I add a in a bit of mace and all spice for variation or for a festive spice blend. This recipe is very flexible. Adjust the amounts as you prefer. If you like it cinnamony, add more cinnamon, add more or less ginger and so on. Use it in Pumpkin Spice muffins, Latte, Pumpkin Caramel, Shortbread cookies, fall breakfast Loafs and more.
Generally I eyeball and add the spices if I don’t have a premade mix. When I do make a mix, I make a smaller quantity to use up within the month. Freshly ground nutmeg adds a deeper flavor profile.
More Spice blends from the blog
- Shawarma Spice Blend. Use it with chickpeas, cauliflower or anything.
- Chana Masala spice blend. This blend is used to make Chana Masala-Chickpea curry
- Garam Masala – Whole and quick version
- Doritos spice Blend – use it on tortilla chips, pasta, chickpeas and more!
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 to 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp allspice
- Other optional additions:
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp mace or 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Mix all the spices and store in an airtight container. you can also use a spice grinder or blender to mix them in.
Nutritonal information based on one serving