Its a Banana quick bread bar! If you are wondering why you don’t see enough Banana recipes here, its because Hubbs is mildly allergic to Bananas. Some days I miss adding some banana to baked goods for that added moisture and natural sweet.
Banana Oat Cashew Quick bread Bar
- 1/4 cup (32.25 g) ground raw Cashew
- 1/3 cup (27 g) ground Oats
- 1/3 cup (40 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup (31.25 g) all purpose flour or spelt or wheat pastry flour
- 2-3 Tablespoons (2 Tablespoons) cooked Quinoa or any cooked small grain
- 1 very Ripe Banana
- 3 Tablespoons raw sugar or equivalent sweetener
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) vinegar
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water or almond milk
- A generous pinch of ginger nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, add chopped banana and mash it well.
- In another bowl mix/whisk the flours and baking powder well.
- Add the water/almond milk, vinegar, sugar, salt, spices to the banana mash and mix well.
- Add the flours and mix till just about combined.
- Drop batter on parchment lined or greased 8 inch cake pan.
- Even it out and Bake at preheated 360 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick from the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack before slicing.