Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies with Pecans and Chocolate chips. Easy Peanut Butter cookies. Soft, moist. Peanut / Almond Butter Cookies. Makes 20 medium size cookies.
Holiday Baking Begins with these soft pillowy Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies are easy and ready within minutes. They are studded with buttery pecans and chocolate chips. Use dried cranberries or other additions.
I usually use smooth Almond butter to make these cookies as that is my preferred nut butter. Use any nut butter of choice. Almond buuter is more drippy and moist compared to pb. It also depends on the brand as some have added oil. So the dough might need less flour (or additional moisture) depending on the nut or seed butter used. The cookie dough can be prepared ahead and chilled for up to 2 days. Of course, the cookie dough is also edible, so you may or may not have any remaining by the end of the day. These cookies are palm oil free if you use a nut butter that doesn’t have added palm oil.
More Cookies from the blog. No palm oil in these recipes.
- Coconut Oil Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie spice
- Pistachio Apricot Thumbprint Cookies
- Almond Butter Snickerdoodles
- Gluten free Shortbread Cookies
- Cherry Almond Thumbprint Cookies – Almond Pulp Cookies
- Giant Chocolate Chip and Chunk Cookies
Cream the wet ingredients until well combined. Add the dry and mix in to make a soft dough. Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
Chill, shape into balls and place on baking sheet. Press using a fork to make criss cross pattern.
Bake for 11 minutes. Cool completely and serve or store.
- ¾ heaping cup smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar or other sugar of choice
- 2 to 3 tbsp powdered sugar (use 1 tbsp less if the nut butter is sweetened)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oil (or use more peanut/almond butter + 2 tsp non dairy milk)
- ¼ cup non dairy milk, warm-hot ( I use almond milk)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Spelt flour (Or use whole wheat pastry flour or ap flour)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecans, chopped small
- 2 tbsp vegan mini chocolate chips or dried cranberries or omit
- In a bowl, add the nut butter, sugar, vanilla and oil and room temperature or warmed non dairy milk. Mix until well combined, creamy and smooth and no sugar can be seen. The heated dairy milk helps mix in the nut butter faster.
- In another bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients. Add spices of choice for variation.
- Add the ¾ cup of the flour mix to the wet.and mix to make a soft dough. If the dough is too sticky, add a tbsp flour at a time and mix in. * If the dough is too crumbly, add a splash of non dairy milk or aquafaba and mix and continue to do it till it is one soft mass. Fold in the chopped pecans and chocolate chips
- Chill the dough for 10 to 15 minutes. *You can chill the dough for upto 2 days to make ahead.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take 1.5 to 2 tbsp of the dough to make a ball. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press each of the balls with a fork to flatten slightly and make a criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes (a minute longer for large cookies). The tops will be soft but will set as the cookies cool. If the tops and edges both are too soft, bake an extra minute.
- Cool the cookies on the sheet for 15 minutes, then on wire rack until completely cooled. Serve!
* The nut or seed butters have different moisture, so you might need less or all of the flour.