Tender Vegan Gluten free Banana Muffins. Breakfast Banana Bread Muffins with chocolate chunks. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe
Mornings are a breeze if you have muffins like these sitting around. Lightly sweet, loaded with banana and chocolate chunks!
Add pecans for buttery pecan banana muffins or add walnuts or blueberries. These muffins are soft, moist and full of flavor. Add more sweetener if needed depending on the ripeness of your bananas. No soy, palm oil, gluten in these. Make these muffins!
More Breakfast quick Breads from the blog
- One bowl Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Cranberry Bread – GF
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Banana Walnut Loaf – GF
- 1 bowl Pumpkin cream cheese muffins
Reading for the day.
Loads of vegan options rolling out this week from mainstream companies. Ben & Jerry’s launched 4 vegan Ice cream flavors.
After a false advertising lawsuit to get Just Mayo, which is all vegan mayo brand, to change their name and failing, (Unilever’s) Hellman’s now comes out with their own vegan mayo. What do you think of all the mainstream companies coming up with non animal alternatives?
- 2 medium bananas - very ripe
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp non dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp vinegar (apple cider vinegar or white vinegar) or use lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- ⅓ to ½ cup sugar (I usually use a ⅓ cup with very ripe bananas for a lightly sweet muffin)
- ⅓ cup almond flour/meal
- ½ cup certified gf oat flour or use other gluten-free flours like sorghum or rice flour
- ¼ cup starch (I use 2 tbsp tapioca starch and 2 tbsp potato starch).
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp or more cinnamon
- ⅓ cup or more chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas really well. Add the rest of the ingredients under wet and mix until the sugar is well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chunks, until well combined.
- Mix the dry into the wet until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop the batter into lined muffin pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375 and continue to bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Check at the 23 or 24 minute mark. Toothpick from the center should come out almost clean.
- Let the muffins rest for 2 minutes then remove from the muffin pan and let them cool on a cooling rack lightly covered by a kitchen towel. Store on the counter for the day and refrigerate for upto 5 days
To make these with Spelt, wheat or other flour, mix in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into 1 cup of flour. Add to wet.Add more flour 1-2 tbsp at a time if needed to make a muffin life thick batter and bake.