I got a mad craving for gobi paratha the other day. But i usually get very tired with all the rolling for the paratha. So i was thinking of other options. I tried to find recipes for cauliflower bread, but didn’t find any. I made up this one using sweet potato bread type recipes.
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (125 g) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) black pepper
- 1/2 cup (53.5 g) grated cauliflower i have to try 1 cup cauliflower next time
- 1 tsp baking pwder
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp melted butter/oil for dough
- 1 tsp melted butter to brush
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- In a large bowl, Sift in the flours , salt, spices and baking powder.
- In a food processor or by hand, make dough of all the ingredients.
- The dough should not be sticky. Let the dough stand for 10 minutes and then knead again.
- Make a loaf of it and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees f / 270ºc for about 30 minutes till golden brown.
- You can grate some cheese on the top before taking the bread out to cool.
- Brush melted butter on top.