- 1 2/3 cup dry coconut small flakes
- 2 Tablespoons oats
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon warm coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons raw sugar ground to a fine powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons Agave or maple syrup or any thick sugar/sweet syrup
- 2 -3 Tablespoons Rum or fruit juice of choice
- cocoa powder coconut flakes or melted vegan chocolate for rolling
- Grind the almonds and oats to a coarse powder.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut flakes and grind all together again until most coconut flakes break into smaller flakes/coarse powder.
- In a bowl, add this clumpy mixture, rum, oil, salt and agave and mix. Add sugar and mix in.
- Mix and keep adding coconut flakes if needed till you get a soft dough. Adjust sweetness by adding more powdered sugar or agave.
- Chill for half an hour.
- Make balls and roll in coconut flakes, or cocoa powder or dip in melted chocolate.
nutritional information based on one serving
Variations: Add some chocolate chips or pistachios in the middle.
Substitute rum with favorite essence/extract(a few drops of rose, vanilla, kewra or a pinch or cardamom) to make them into festive Indian sweet balls ( Laddoo).
They also assist in senior dog placement.Their goal “To provide a loving, safe home for senior dogs abandoned at this stage of their lives. When we have room, and the means, we take these dogs into our homes; if possible we adopt out those with a reasonable life-expectancy. We care for the rest as long as they have good quality of life. In addition, we try to assist owners in finding new homes for their senior dogs through our website and referrals”