Woah woah.. Just 400 Page Views away from hitting 1 Million, thats 1000000 Page Views! How awesome is that. Thank you everyone for continuing to visit and for being there for the blog! 🙂
A simple white sauce and pasta recipe today. The sauce is easy to put together and flexible to taste. Add or remove some flavors for variations. I added some Jalapeno to this sauce and paired it with sweet carrots and Red bell pepper and Quinoa shell pasta.
This creamy spicy sauce with the sweet veggies works out just perfect for a weeknight quick meal. Change up the veggies, top it with cheese, double up the recipe.
For more Pasta, Sauces, Lasagna options see here. Each picture in the collection has a recipe link.
What is your favorite weeknight pasta sauce?
I am thinking of changing up the look and feel of the blog and making it easier to find recipes.. New year plans:) Lets see if I can work something out. If you have a feature request or a suggestion.. drop it in the comments or on the Facebook page.
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa shells or other pasta of choice cooked according to instruction
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or other oil or choice or vegetable broth to make Oil free
- 1 large Carrot peeled and sliced
- 1/2 a large Red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium Tomato chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or parsley
- 2-4 Tablespoons ground raw Cashew more for thicker sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Flour I used wheat, use any neutral flour or cashew flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk or other non dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 Jalapeno or to taste or Leave out for plain white garlic sauce
- 3-4 cloves of garlic Use roasted garlic for a roasted garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil Omit for Oil free
- Use roasted Garlic instead of raw garlic.
- Add a teaspoon of onion flakes
- Use ground white pepper to taste instead of Jalapeno
- Add a generous pinch of fresh grated nutmeg.
- Blend all the ingredients of the Jalapeno garlic Sauce until smooth and keep ready.
- In a large pan, saute the veggies for 4-5 minutes.
- (Saute in vegetable broth to make Oilfree)
- Add the pasta, salt, dried basil, tomatoes and sauce and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes on low heat until the sauce begins to boil and thickens.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Stir and cover for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Top with non dairy Mozzarella or bread crumbs or white pepper or serve as is.
Nutritional values based on one serving