And so is the story of these cute Sliders. The sweet potato patties are quite addictive by themselves. These mini burgers are small but still pack a good punch in filling you up with just a few. I say make some for Gameday!
You can find step by step pictures and the Recipe at Vegan Yack Attack here. Or Scroll below.
Boil, peel and mash 1 large Sweet Potato or Yam.
Add the rest of the ingredients, mix, mash, mix. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
Make patties and coat in bread crumbs. The mixture will be sticky. Use flour or oil on hands to work. Once baked the patties are quite sturdy.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees F, until golden and dry on the outside.
Assemble and serve.
- 1 Sweet Potato or Yam boiled peeled, mashed. about 1 cup mashed
- 1 cup Adzuki beans cooked or canned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon berbere spice or other spice blend of choice-Cajun, garam masala etc
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2-4 Tablespoons flour Wheat or Oat or any gf flour. I used 2 Tbsp wheat
- 2 or more Tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs to coat
- Cucumber slices
- Baby Spinach
- Fresh Dill chopped
- Dill Jalapeno aioli add a teaspoon of chopped Dill to the Aioli recipe.
- Multigrain buns/rolls.
- Boil, peel and mash 1 large Sweet Potato or Yam.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Mix, mash, mix.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed. Chill for 15 minutes so the mixture gets less sticky.
- Make patties and coat in bread crumbs. I made 3 inch wide and 1/2-3/4 inch thick patties. The mixture might be sticky. Use flour or oil on hands to work. Once baked, the patties are quite sturdy.
- (Use gf bread crumbs or coarsely ground Oats for glutenfree)
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees F / 190ºc, until golden and dry on the outside.
- Toast the buns/rolls lightly(optional)
- Arrange Spinach on the buns, Top with a burger patty, Cucumbers, Dill Aioli, Fresh Dill and the top half of the bun.
Nutritional values based on one serving