5 days to a new year! This past week went in resting in, watching movies, sleeping late, late brunches and lots of great food. I am trying not so successfully to get back to work days and blogging schedule. It took me a few hours to write up the post.
I had pinned Roxana’s Cheesecake Tiramisu Brownies a while back and the past few days were a perfect time to vegan-ize them. The cheesecake layer is a bit thin as hubbs was never fond of cheesecakes and I did not want to eat the entire pan by myself :).Which I wouldn’t usually mind, but then it is the holidays, gotta share:). He loved the balance of flavors and these were a big hit with everyone visiting as well! You can easily double the cheesecake layer and make them taller.
The Brownie layer is gluten-free, has less oil and sugar and stays soft even when refrigerated. The cheesecake layer is tofu and coconut flour. Swirl in a bit of the brownie batter on top or sprinkle with sweetened cocoa. You can also lightly soak the bottom layer in espresso + liquor before serving. Stays well refrigerated for 3-4 days.
The brownie layer has oats and coconut flour. The great thing with Oats is that it doesn’t really change the texture or taste of a baked good much when compared to a regular with gluten option. You can make just the brownies too. Double the recipe, add a 1/4 cup chocolate chips into the batter and bake. Or use my other brownie recipes for the brownie layer, regular with gluten or gluten-free.
Hello there fudgy delicious beauty.
More holiday goodies from the blog rounded up here. Lots of gluten-free options!
On another note, I am going to evaluate and plan a few ideas for next year. Open an Etsy shop with a few goodies, come up with cookbook themes and recipe ideas to pitch to publishers(which I have to do), and think about a Dosa food cart (gluten-free vegan Indian fusion wraps). The first and last options are dependent on if I can get help with them. A few local friends did offer help, but a part time effort by me and by them might not be enough to start them up successfully, especially the last option. So we will see. 🙂 Which one of these would you definitely want me to do? 😉
Melt the chocolate. Add flaxmeal, oil, coffee and sugar and mix well. in another bowl, mix in the dry ingredients.
Spread the brownie batter on parchment lined or greased pan.
Blend all the ingredients for cheesecake and spread the batter on top of the brownie.
Swirl in some reserved brownie batter. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing. Served to a mix crowd and approved and loved by all!
Tiramisu Cheesecake Brownies. Glutenfree Vegan Nutfree Recipe
- 1/2 cup (60 g) oat flour I grind my own old fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup (30 g) coconut flour or cashew flour or light/medium GF flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking powder
- 1 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 2 Tbsp non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup (0.02 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 bar (0.5 bar) 70% Dark Chocolate Theo bar - 1.5 oz - 42 gms 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks or vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee omit for regular brownie or if you plan to soak them with prepared coffee later
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup (59.15 g) ground raw sugar 2 Tbsp for less sweeter
- 1/4 cup (45 g) vegan chocolate chips optional
- 8 oz (226.8 g) firm tofu I used Nasoya Organic firm
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour or a Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp ground raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 (0.5 ) + tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients under Brownie and mix well. Heat non dairy milk and maple syrup until hot (in pan or microwave). Whisk in the dark chocolate and flax seed meal until the chocolate melts. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add the wet mixture into dry and mix to combine. Mix in 1/4 cup chocolate chips into the batter. Drop the batter onto prepared parchment lined pan. Spread it using a spatula to a level it. Reserve a Tablespoon of the batter to make swirls on top(optional).
- Lightly squeeze the Tofu to remove excess water and add to blender. Blend all the cheese cake ingredients in a blender until smooth. Taste and adjust/add lemon juice and salt to preferred tang/cream cheese-y taste. Drop the blended batter onto brownie batter. Spread evenly with a spatula. (To make soy-free cheesecake layer, use the cashew filling from these cheesecakes.
- If making swirls on top, add 2 tsps non dairy milk to the reserved brownie batter (the batter is quite thick). Mix well and drop spoon fulls on top. Swirl the brownie batter into the cheesecake batter with a knife. If using a regular metal pan, place the pan on a baking sheet during baking so the bottom of the brownie does not get hard/overbaked.
- Bake at preheated 350 degrees F / 180ºc for 40 to 45 minutes or until the center is set and the edges of the cheesecake start to get golden. Cool completely and slice. Refrigerate for half an hour before slicing for best results.
- Sprinkle sweetened cocoa powder on top. You can also soak the brownie layer in a little espresso + sugar + rum/liquor of choice.
- Notes: Add rum extract to the brownie batter or cheesecake batter if you have some. To make just the Glutenfree brownies, double the recipe, add 1/4 cup chocolate chips to the batter. Add more oat flour if needed and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick from an inch from the edge comes out almost clean.