These Coconut Flour Brownies are very Allergy Friendly, fudgy, moist and delicious. Free of Dairy, egg, soy, yeast, gluten, grain, gum. Makes 8 by 8 brownie pan. Vegan Eggless Gluten-free Grain-free Recipe Jump to Recipe
One more year and one more Diwali and a ton of sweets later, here is more sweet to start up the holiday season!
These brownies are the bomb. They are made of coconut flour, loads of chocolate and are very allergy friendly. No gluten, grain, gum, dairy, egg or nuts. Love chocolate? Make Brownies.
The recipe makes bittersweet brownies with the amount of dark chocolate in them. To make them less bitter, use all semi-sweet chocolate.
Coconut flour behaves and feels different. The texture of these brownies will not be too gooey as they sit. They are best consumed when warm after baking. Reheat before serving. It grows on you though I tell you. I love my regular spelt flour brownies, and I also love these. They are adaptable and less prone to baking issues. 🙂
Coconut flour is not ground up dried coconut flakes (hence cannot be made directly from shredded coconut). It is ground dried, defatted coconut meat. It soaks up a lot of moisture and behaves very differently compared to regular grain flours.
More Brownies from the blog.
These Coconut flour brownies would make a great addition to the Halloween treats.
Every year around Diwali or any major festival, we remember the celebrations at home. Its been years since we visited India and those memories get fuzzy. Reminders like this ad (with subtitles) helps make them fresh and also a lot more emotional. Things have changed since when I came to the US to study and would call home for a few minutes every month because of the exorbitant international call cost, to now skype-ing pretty much every other day. We all are closer but still so far. Note: I do not endorse any of the products in the ad. 🙂 its the sentiment.
Back to them Coconut flour Brownies.
Heat coconut milk, melt the chocolate.
Mix in the maple, sugar, vanilla, flax, psyllium and oil.
Add coconut flour and mix in. fold in the chocolate chips
Transfer to baking pan. Bake for 24 minutes.
Let cool a bit before slicing and serving.
- 1 cup light coconut milk or almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 2 tsp psyllium husk or use flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup 70 to 85% dark chocolate or use semi sweet to make less bitter
- 1/2 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp ground sugar or 12 drops stevia
- 3 Tbsp oil coconut or organic canola
- 2.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips or regular size chocolate chips to fold into the batter
Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F / 180ºc.
- Heat coconut milk to just about a boil. Pour into to a bowl. Add the flax meal, psyllum husk, Dark chocolate, semi sweet chocolate and let sit for minute. Then mix well to melt to a smooth consistency.
- Add the maple, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, add coconut flour, starch, baking powder and soda and salt. Whisk well.
- Add dry to the wet and mix to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips. Taste and add more sugar if needed. The batter will be more of a spongy soft dough and it will continue to dry out. Do not let it sit for long. bake immediately. Transfer batter/dough to greased or parchment lined pan. Pat down to flatten.
Bake at 365 degrees F / 180ºc for 24 to 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing. If using smaller multiple pans, bake for 18 to 19 minutes. Brownies are best served warm right after baking. Store on the counter for the day and refrigerator for a few days. Reheat before serving.
Make the Ganache: Combine 3/4 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate, 1/4 cup non dairy milk, 1 tsp coconut oil in a saucepan over medium low heat. Stir frequently until most of the chocolate starts melting. Take off heat and stir until smooth. Spread over the brownie.
Nutritional values based on one serving