Creamy Pumpkin Layered with Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownie. Pumpkin Pie + Brownie !! Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, yeast Vegan Pumpkin Brownies. Makes 8 by 8 inch brownie pan.
If you are in the Northwest you know the past few weeks have been so sun-less and dark, that it fees like dusk all day. Thunderstorms, sinuses crapping out and photos come out all blue and grey. On the bright side, all the warm blankets are out, the fire place is always going and chewie has started sleeping all rolled up like a super cute ball. He sleeps with his 4 legs in the air during summer for maximum air-eage 🙂
And of course some warm fall brownies will cheer me up. Creamy Spiced Pumpkin layered with a fudgy chocolate brownie. Whats not to like! Pumpkin puree spiced with pumpkin pie spices and thickened with cashews. Omit the cashews to make nut-free. Use any of my other brownie recipes for gluten and grain free options.
More Brownies from the blog. Use any of these for the Brownie Layer.
These Coconut Flour Brownies. Gluten-free Grain-free Nut-free.
Tiramisu Cheesecake Brownies. Gluten-free
Slice and serve.
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk like almond or coconut
- 1 cup sugar Use 2 Tbsp less for less sweet or if using semi-sweet chocolate instead of dark
- 2/3 cup vegan dark chocolate or 1 Theo 70% Dark chocolate bar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp flour I use Spelt or unbleached white flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or other starch optional
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips to add to batter
- Preheat the oven to 365 Degrees F.
- Heat the almond milk to just about a boil. Add sugar and mix in well. Add dark chocolate, let sit for a minute then whisk well to melt. Add oil, flax, salt, cocoa and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Whisk the flour with starch, baking powder and baking soda and add to the wet ingredients. Mix to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop the batter onto parchment lined or greased baking pan and even it out.
- Mix the ingredients under pumpkin layer until well combined.
- Drop pumpkin mixture over brownie batter and smooth out. Swirl if you like. (The brownie batter thickens and sets as it sits, so it might be difficult to swirl. Make the pumpkin layer mix first so the brownie layer does not have time to sit) Add chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 32 to 34 minutes at 365 degrees F. or until a toothpick an inch from the side of the pan comes out almost clean. Do not over bake.
- Store on the counter top for the day, or refrigerated in a container for upto 5 days. Warm and serve.
Variations: Use any of my other brownie recipes to make the brownie layer. Gluten-free and grain-free options.
To make nut-free: use coconut cream or sunbutter instead of cashews in the pumpkin layer.
Nutritional values based on one serving