Easy Chickpea and Cauliflower bowl with Moroccan spices and a mint cilantro herb sauce. This bowl is delicious, springy, zesty and comes together within minutes.
Prep the cauliflower and put it in the oven. Spice up the chickpeas. Get the greens and veggies ready. Make the mint cilantro herb sauce. Layer up the bowl as you wish. Drizzle herb sauce. Add some non dairy yogurt to balance out the spices if you wish. and serve.
Use all mint or all cilantro if you have a problem with either of the 2 herbs. Add any roasted veggies to the bowl for variation. The time is mainly to collect the ingredients and spices, chop them up and get going. Active time after that is 15 minutes. You can make the herb sauce and keep it ready to throw over roasted veggies or chickpeas.
This bowl will definitely help finish up all those chickpeas you have been saving after the chickpea brine train 😉
More Chickpea recipes from the blog
- Sweet Potato Chickpea Peanut Burgers.
- Teriyaki chickpea Bao – Steamed buns
- Chickpea Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Smoky Tomato Sauce.
- Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with celery Ranch
- Potato Chickpea Cauliflower Salad with Sour cream onion dressing
Bake the cauliflower, spice up the chickpeas. Layer up with greens, tomatoes and other juicy veggies.
Drizzle generously with herb sauce and some non dairy yogurt (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs optional
- 15 oz can chickpeas or 1.5 cups cooked
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 or more salt depending on if the chickpeas were salted
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1/4 cup cilantro or use more mint
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar or maple
- Spinach greens, tomatoes, 2 tbsp non dairy yogurt (optional) etc
- slivered almonds and pepper flakes for garnish
Toast the cumin seeds on a skillet over medium heat until fragrant. about 2 minutes. Grind into a coarse powder. Toss the cauliflower florets in oil or spray oil to coat all the florets. Rub a little with your hands to coat. Add salt, cumin and the spices and mix well to coat. Add breadcrumbs if using and toss. Place on baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F / 220ºc for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and all the ingredients except lime juice in a skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add lime juice and toss.
- Make the herb sauce: Blend everything until well combined. taste and adjust salt and sweet. (Use all mint or all cilantro if you have an issue with one of them).
- Arrange the roasted cauliflower, spiced chickpeas, greens and veggies. Drizzle the herb sauce. Drizzle non dairy yogurt if using. Add red pepper flakes, slivered almonds. Serve.
Nutritional values based on one serving