Vegan Veggie Lasagna. Easy Lasagna for 2 with herbed mushrooms, greens, tofu thyme ricotta, chao cheese slices . Vegan Lasagna Recipe. Makes 1 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan
Jump to Recipe
I thought it was summer already, well I was wrong. We had a few chilly days in between and I just wanted to curl up near the fireplace and wait for some casserole to cook up, like this warm saucy cheesy Lasagna.
The thing with Lasagnas is that they take some time with all the arrangement, but they come out great. They keep well, the recipes are flexible and are much easier if you have jarred or pre-made sauces. The thing that doesn’t work for me is the large serving size! Between the 2 of us, or just me during the week, it is difficult to finish it up. And if I have a large container of any food sitting in the fridge, it becomes a mental block against making something new, developing recipes or cooking otherwise. So I made this into a half batch! Don’t you like the smaller loaf of lasagna. Cute and perfect 🙂
I used a jar of pasta sauce that was there, some field roast coconut herb Chao cheese slices that melt so beautifully, greens, herb marinated mushrooms, herbs, tofu thyme ricotta and more herbs and layers and done! To make this soy-free use chickpea tofu or kite hill almond ricotta.
This is the basic Lasagna I generally use to build up over. Use whatever veggies, greens, sauces and vegan cheeses. Use more or less pasta sauce to preference. Use my cauliflower alfredo instead of vegan cheese layer.
More Lasagna/pasta from the blog
- Cauliflower Alfredo Spinach Artichoke Lasagna. Vegan…
- Lasagna Bolognese
- Lasagna Grilled Cheese. Nut-free Soy-free Vegan Recipe
- Vegan Chickpea Noodles with Garlic Tomato Sauce
- Lasagna Bechamel
Layers and Layers!
Layer sauce, then noodles.
then sauce, mushrooms, herbs, more sauce,
Another layer of sauce, then chao cheese,
a layer of noodles, sauce, greens, tofu thyme ricotta
a layer of noodles, sauce, cheese slices, tomato slices, herbs.
Bake until bubbly.
Makes more than enough for 2! Tastes even better the next day.
This recipe is also in my second book Vegan Richa’s Everyday Kitchen along with other cheese options such as my vegan mozzarella slices from the book.
Vegan Veggie Lasagna
- 8 to 10 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 jar tomato basil pasta sauce 25 oz or more
- 1/2 recipe (0.5 recipe) tofu thyme ricotta adjust thyme to taste, Use chickpea tofu or Kite hill brand almond ricotta to make soy-free
- 1 cups (96 g) sliced mushroom tossed in 1 tbsp evoo, salt, black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 2+ tsp italian herb blend
- chopped or frozen thawed or sauteed greens like baby spinach or chard or kale
- Chao coconut herb cheese slices or daiya shredded cheese
- italian herb blend to taste
- 1 juicy tomato sliced
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- Prep the tofu ricotta and set aside. Slice the mushrooms and toss in extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and italian herb blend and set aside.
- Prep the greens and other veggies if using. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc.
- Layer the lasagna, add a ladle full of pasta sauce at the bottom of the dish and spread. Place 2 lasagna noodles. Add a ladle full of sauce and spread. Add the mushrooms and spread them out. Add a layer of sauce, then some cheese, a layer of noodles, sauce, then greens/spinach and tofu ricotta. distribute evenly. Add a layer of noodles, sauce, cheese, tomato slices. Sprinkle salt pepper and italian herb blend. Pour water along the edges of the pan. Cover lightly with foil or parchment and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Uncover, Let it sit for a few minutes, then slice and serve.