You know when you want a Lasagna or a pasta bake but not all the work with it, and then you also want a sandwich. Well add everything into a sandwich. The sauces, fillings, veggies and eat away. With the Lasagna, there is also always this surprise element of how it will turn out. You don’t always know the the seasoning and salt of the dish until it is done. and then there is a long wait to bake and then cool before eating as well. So I say make Lasgna grilled sammies.
Remember this nut-free Cauliflower alfredo sauce in the Spinach Artichoke Alfredo Lasagna. I used that same alfredo and lentil veggie pasta sauce to make this sloppy grilled sammie. Add your favorite vegan cheese shreds for a stickier sandwich.
The sauces and the fillings are gluten, soy and nut-free. Use gluten-free bread to make gf
More Sandwiches from the blog.
Grilled Nacho cheese Sammie with pea pesto and roasted sweet potato.
Buffalo Millet, Creamy Ranch, pepper, Sandwich.
Roasted cauliflower, sweet potato, roasted red pepper hummus grilled Sammie.
Cook the lentils and veggies with the pasta sauce.
Layer the alfredo, spinach and lentil mixture.
Add pasta sauce, alfredo, salt, pepper, pepita parmesan and Grill away.
Serve hot with napkins. More sauce has been added to the cross section for the photographs 🙂
Lasagna Grilled Cheese. Nut-free Soy-free Vegan Recipe
- 1 recipe of my Cauliflower alfredo sauce or use thin cashew cream + herbs +garlic + vinegar
- 1 jar herbed pasta sauce or marinara store bought or home made. 2 cups.
- 1 recipe of my Pepita Parmesan or other vegan nut parmesan or just sprinkle nutritional yeast + Italian herbs
- Spinach or greens as needed
- oil as needed
Lentil veggie lasagna meat/filling:
- 1/3 cup (42.67 g) finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup (41.33 g) finely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup (122.5 g) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup (90 g) red lentils washed and drained
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder or 1/2 tsp onion flakes
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- Make the lentil veggie filling:
- Add all the ingredients to a pan at medium heat. Cover and cook for 11 to 12 minutes. Mix, Taste and adjust salt and spice. Cook covered for another few minutes if the lentils are not well done.
- Assemble the sandwich:
- Spread vegan butter or brush olive oil on the bread slices.
- Layer alfredo sauce, then spinach. Add the lentil filling and spread to cover the slice. Add pasta sauce, alfredo sauce, salt, pepper.
- Add some pepita parmesan (optional) or sprinkle nutritional yeast and italian herbs. Add vegan cheese shreds to make it more sticky (optional). Place another slice on top and grill.
- Serve hot with lots of napkins!