How to make Vegan Parmesan Cheese. Use Cashews, Pecans or Pepitas to make Dairy-free Parmesan cheese. Nut-free Option Vegan Parmesan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Vegan Parmesan can be easily made with nutritional yeast, nuts or seeds of choice, a bit of seasoning, salt and garlic. Depending on the nut or seed used, you will need a bit more seasoning or salt. Taste and adjust and store in an airtight container for a month or 2.
- 1/4 cup Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), or cashews, almonds or pecans or walnuts or a combination
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs or gf crumbs or use more of the nut or seed
- 1 to 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp dry rosemary
- a dash of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste ,depends on the nutritional yeast satyness (use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp)
- Other flavor additions: a bit of ground mustard and some lime zest
- Pulse to a fine meal in a food processor. Pulse in 2 -3 second bursts. Taste and adjust salt and nutritional yeast for cheesier flavor. Store in an airtight container for upto a month and refrigerated for upto 2 months.
Hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds work well i n combination with a bit of cashews or walnuts.
Nutritional values based on one serving