Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a few ingredients and a rustic crust. Can be made gluten-free. So creamy and festive. Serve with whipped coconut cream or vanilla ice cream. Cashew-free. Can be made nut-free with a different crust. Vegan Baked Pie Recipe.
Festive = Pumpkin pie.
This pie has a creamy hearty filling with pumpkin puree, coconut cream, spices, maple syrup and starch. The crust of wheat, oat and almond flour is rustic, sturdy and can be used to make the pie as pumpkin pie bars. To make the bars, use a brownie pan. Prebake the crust lightly, add the filling and bake again until set. Chill for a few hours for best results.
For a no bake option, try this No Bake Pumpkin Pie with Gingerbread crust.
For a grain-free crust, use this Almond crust with just 4 ingredients (can be made Oil-free too), filled with pumpkin chocolate filling for another option.
Press the crust into a pie pan.
Add the pumpkin filling and bake.
Serve with whipped coconut cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 1/2 cup flour I use half oat and half white
- 3/4 cup almond flour or meal
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 4 tbsp warm water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (cooked and pureed pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (1.5 tsp cinnamon, a good dash of nutmeg, all spice, ginger)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw or light brown sugar
- a good pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut cream the thick separated cream from a can of full fat coconut milk, or use full fat coconut milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc. Add the flours, almond meal, coconut sugar and oil to a bowl and mix well until the oil is distributed.
- Add salt, maple, cinnamon and mix in.
- Mix flax meal in the water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Add to the flours and mix well. The mixture should start to stick and come together like a slightly crumbly dough. If it is too crumbly, add some more maple syrup.
- Grease the pie pan lightly with oil. Press the mixture into a pie pan into a thin even crust. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk the all the ingredients under filling except coconut cream until well combined. Warm the coconut cream if solid and mix in. Taste and adjust spice if needed.
- Pour into crust and spread with a spatula.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the center is not liquidy. Chill for at least 3 hours. Slice and serve with whipped coconut cream or vanilla ice cream.
To make Pumpkin Pie bars, press the crust into a brownie pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Pour the filling and bake until set.
To make the crust gluten-free, use all Oat flour.
Nutritional values based on one serving