Vegan Boston Cream Pie Pudding Parfaits. Creamy Almond flavored pudding layered with smooth chocolate. Serve as pudding cups or add other layers of vanilla wafers or vanilla sponge cake to make Parfaits. Vegan Soy-free Recipe. Can be made nut-free.
I loved the Boston Cream Pie Cake From Violet Sweet Shoppe when the shop was in Seattle. All the varieties of cakes and pies, consistent and delicious are harder to find now in this big city of Seattle, since they closed. So when I want some of that Boston cream pie, I make this pudding parfait.
Creamy, almondy, Chocolatey. Add a layer of vegan sponge cake for the pie cake version. Less work, and satisfies that sweet tooth.
Make the pudding with starch, almond extract and cashew milk. Melt some chocolate with some non dairy milk. Layer, garnish and serve. Quick and easy surprise for valentines day. Depending on your preference of pudding to chocolate ratios, add thick or thin layers. Add some beet juice to the vanilla almond pudding for color. Top with granola or whipped coconut cream.
The Cream pudding layer is like a custard that thickens slightly on chilling. The filling is custard like because of the cashew milk, starch and flour combination. If you use other non dairy milk or change the other ingredients, you might need additional starch or flour or both to thicken to desired consistency. Adjust to preference.
More Desserts from the blog
- Blender Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Ganache.
- One bowl Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Cranberry Bread – GF
- 1 Bowl Banana Apple Bread. Can be made into muffins
- Peanut Biutter Chocolate Marble Cake
- Vegan Almond Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips
This Pudding parfait is
- Takes literally 20 minutes to put together
- Tastes amazing.
- Is flexible to sweet and flavor.
If you make it do leave me a comment, or tag me #veganricha on Instagram!
- 1.5 cups cashew milk or use coconut milk or soy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract or more
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp white flour use cornstarch to make gluten-free
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice or more
- 1/2 cup full fat or lite coconut milk or use any other non dairy milk
- 1 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar or maple optional
- Heat 1 cup cashew milk or other non dairy milk over medium heat. Add vanilla, almond extracts, salt and sweetener.
- Mix the cornstarch and flour in 1/2 cup milk until well mixed. Pour into the simmering milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Taste and adjust sweet and almond flavor (add more sweet or almond extract and mix in while still hot).
- Heat coconut milk over medium heat. When hot, add chocolate chips, vanilla and sweetener if using.
- Mix for a minute and take of heat. Continue to mix until all the chocolate dissolves and the mixture is smooth. Cool for 10 mins
- Pour 2 tbsp chocolate mixture in individual serve cups. Add a layer of the almond vanilla pudding, Then add another layer of chocolate and so on. Garnish with shaved chocolate or shredded coconut. Add layers of rushed vanilla wafers or slice of vanilla sponge cake to make parfaits. Chill for 15 mins to half an hour and serve.
To make nut-free use full fat coconut milk or soy milk.
To make Cashew Milk: Blend 1/2 heaping cup soaked raw cashews with 1.5 to 2 cups water until smooth.
If using almond milk for the vanilla almond pudding, blend in 1/4 cup soaked cashews into the almond milk for creamier result.
Nutritional values based on one serving