Easy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice. How to make Cauliflower Rice. How to make Cumin scented Broccoli Rice. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Nut-free Recipe.
This easy Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice is a great substitute for rice to use in many bowls or with dals and curries, burritos or other places you use rice.
The key to a fluffy rice is steaming and fluffing. The cauliflower rice needs more steaming time than cooking on direct heat time. Fluff the the rice in between and again after steaming for best results.
Served above with Spanish Chickpea stew
Broccoli Cauliflower Rice
Cumin Scented Cauliflower Broccoli Rice:
- 1.5 to 2 cups (150 g) cauliflower florets or 1 cup grated or shredded
- 1.5 cups (136.5 g) broccoli florets or 1 scant cup shredded
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) oil
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more salt
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic
- 1 dash of cayenne optional
- a good dash of lemon juice
Cumin scented Cauliflower Broccoli rice:
- Grate or shred the cauliflower and broccoli in a food processor. I usually like to use a processor as it takes 1 minute. Chop the cauliflower into large florets with some of the stem. Add to a processor and Pulse until it is evenly shredded.
- Heat oil over medium in a skillet. Add cumin seeds and let them start to change color. 1 minute.
- Add grated cauliflower and broccoli mix well. Add salt, garlic and cayenne and mix well to mix and fluff. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add a dash of lemon
- and fluff, then cover and let it continue to steam in its own heat for another 2 minutes. Fluff again before serving.
- To roast the rice, mix the salt and spices and herbs of choice into the shredded broccoli cauliflower. Spread in an eve layer on ap archment lined sheet and bake at 350 degrees F / 180ºc for 10 to 12 minutes.