Baked Chili Garlic Tofu, Carrot, Chard and Noodle Bowls. Easy Weeknight Meal. Add some toasted cashews and other veggies of choice. Gluten-free Nut-free Vegan Recipe.
Continuing with fantastic bowl meals in January, here is another simple one. The marinade is the star of the dish. It is garlicky, spicy and great to bake tofu with. Cook some noodles and blanch some greens with the noodles. Marinate the tofu and carrots, then bake. Use the same marinade as a dressing for the bowl. Add other roasted veggies of choice. Add some fresh basil, mint or cilantro and sprouts to finish.
Easy, Spicy, Garlicky, Delicious!
More Bowls from the blog
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Curried Kidney Bean Bowl with quinoa, zucchini, mango salsa GF
- Shawarma Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Sprouted Lentil Bowl with Cajun Spied Sweet Potatoes GF
- Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Moroccan spice chickpeas. GF
As you can see, I used lots of Sriracha!
And while you are here, do watch this video about the fast fashion industry and its effect on resources, people and the planet.
Baked Chili Garlic Tofu, Carrot, Chard and Noodle Bowls
- 12 to 14 oz tofu pressed for 15 minutes, sliced into an inch and half length slices.
Marinade and Dressing:
- 1/4 cup (58 ml) soy sauce , use tamari for gluten-free
- 1 to 2 tbsp sriracha or other asian chile-garlic sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) miso
- 1 cup (128 g) or more veggies such as sliced carrots or broccolini
- 8 oz vermicelli or maifun ricce noodles (I use brown rice or white rice maifun)
- a couple of leaves of chard, hard stems removed and chopped
- Press the tofu for 10-15 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Slice the tofu and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Line a sheet with parchment. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 deg C). Fish out the tofu slices and place on the parchment lined sheet. Slice veggies like carrots, beet, broccolini and place on the sheet. Drizzle some of the marinade on the veggies.
- Bake for 18 to 20 mins. or until the tofu is crisp and veggies roasted.
- Meanwhile, cook the vermicelli noodles according to instruction on the package (Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the noodles and cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on the noodles). Add chopped greens to the pot as well to blanch.
- Plate the cooked noodles, blanched greens in a bowl. Top with tofu and veggies. drizzle remaining marinade and serve. Garnish with cilantro or mint. Add some sprouts or roasted nuts for variation.