Peanut Butter Cauliflower Bowl with Roasted Carrots. Cauliflower tossed in peanut butter sauce and roasted, carrots tossed in hot sauce and roasted. Vegan Recipe, Gluten-free option. Jump to Recipe
You know whats better than a peanut sauce veggie stir fry or peanut sauce drizzled on a bowl? Peanut Sauce baked on Cauliflower! The PB sauce gets Concentrated on baking and you get all the amazing flavor and then more. Add the cauliflower or other veggies to a bowl with greens and roasted carrots and some more peanut sauce to dress. Damn. So good. Try it!
This bowl comes together very quickly. Blend up the peanut butter sauce (use sunbutter for nut-free), add a tbsp or so flour to thicken, dip cauliflower in the sauce and bake. Add to salad bowl, wraps, or serve with grains or spiced chickpeas. Easy, Delicious, Satisfying, and fun.
If you make the recipe, do tag me on social media or comment and rate below. Lots of Delicious options in the Peanut Butter and Coconut Chapter in my second book! (Nut-free options for most recipes.)
More PB sauce recipes
- Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Curry. GF
- 1 pot Peanut Butter Noodles and Veggies GF
- Chickpeas and Turmeric Peanut Butter Sauce GF
- Peanut Sauce Fried Rice. GF
Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower and Carrot Salad Bowl
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (129 g) peanut butter , use sunbutter to make it nutfree
- 1.5 tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce , use tamari to make gluten-free
- 2 tbsp maple or sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp hot sauce or sriracha or sambal oelek , to taste
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- generous pinches of salt and black pepper , and 1/4 tsp pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 to 3 tbsp (2 to 3 tbsp) flour , use rice flour for gluten-free
- 1 small or half a head medium cauliflower chopped into small florets
For the Carrots:
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce or sriracha
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- a pinch of salt
- 4 or 5 carrots sliced
- Greens, lettuce, or kale
- crunchy veggies like peppers, cabbage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Blend everything under peanut sauce. Taste and adjust flavor. Keep a quarter of the sauce for drizzling, transfer the rest to a large bowl. Add flour to the bowl to thicken the sauce so that it sticks to the veggies during baking.
- Take cauliflower florets one at a time, dip in peanut sauce and place floret on the lined baking sheet. Tap to remove excess sauce before placing. Some sauce might be left in the bowl, use as dressing later.
- Toss carrots with the ingredients under carrots and mix in. Spread on the sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 400 degrees F and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender
- Prepare the bowls with lettuce or greens of choice. Add some bell pepper and apple or pear. Add the cauliflower and carrots, dress generously with the peanut butter sauce, some pepper flakes and scallions or basil. Serve with cooked grains like quinoa/rice, or spiced chickpeas for a hearty meal.