Instant Pot Lasagna Soup – Vegan Lasagna Soup with lasagna noodles, veggies, red lentils and basil. 1 Pot weekday meal. Vegan Nut-free Recipe. Saucepan option Can be gluten-free. Jump to Recipe
Pasta, tomatoes, herbs, red lentils, pesto and garlic bread. I mean, you cannot go wrong with all these together. This soup is satisfying and comfort food made in 1 pot and ready within minutes. It comes together quickly with short active time. Make it in the Instant Pot (pressure cooker) or a Saucepan (see recipe notes), but definitely make it. I love the soup with some extra garlicky topping like garlic bread or garlic olive oil and some fresh basil or pesto. Lentils make up the protein. If using brown lentils, use cooked lentils. Veggie crumbles will also work wonderfully.
To make this gluten-free, use glutenfree pasta or add more lentils or some quinoa and omit the pasta. Easy and Delicious Soup that is versatile and pleases everyone.
More 1 Pot meals from the blog
- Fettuccine Alfredo with mushrooms, GF option
- Fajita Pasta with Taco Spiced Veggies and Chickpeas. GF option
- Roasted Red pepper Sauce Pasta with black pepper chickpeas
- Garlicky Korean Mac & Cheese
Instant Pot Meals
- Instant Pot Vegan Butter Chickin(soycurls). GF
- Lentil Veggie Dhansak – Lentil Veggie Stew in IP. GF
- Kohlapuri Veggies – Veggies in sesame coconut sauce GF
- Lentil Sweet Potato Soup GF
Subscribe to My Youtube Channel for more Videos.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup - Vegan Lasagna Soup with lasagna noodles, veggies, red lentils and basil. 1 Pot weekday meal. Vegan Nut-free Recipe. Can be gluten-free.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup veggies - combination of peppers , carrots, zucchini
- 1/4 cup red lentils (uncooked)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 to 1.5 cup diced tomato
- 2 tsp italian seasoning (1 tsp basil and 1/2 tsp oregano, parsley, generous dash of thyme/sage and rosemary)
- 1/4 tsp each onion powder , garlic powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt (depends on if there is salt in the tomatoes or other seasoning, I use 3/4 tsp with)
- 2 cups water or veggie broth (2.5 to 3 cups for soupier or if using whole grain noodles or with more veggies)
- 5 oz lasagna sheets , broken into small pieces, or use pasta of choice
- dash of black and white pepper
- pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup packed spinach , optional
- vegan pesto, vegan ricotta or mozzarella, vegan butter/ garlic bread to serve optional
Heat oil in Instant pot on saute mode. When hot, add onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 2 mins, stirring occasionally. (See Recipe notes for Saucepan instructions )
Add veggies and mix in. Add red lentils, tomato, salt, seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and mix in. Add a tbsp of tomato paste for additional tomato flavor (optional). Add lasagna sheets and water and mix in. (make sure to use small pieces and mix them in well else they tend to stick)
Close the lid and Pressure cook on manual hi for 3 mins. Let the pressure release for 10 minutes, then if there is still pressure in the pot, manually release carefully and open.
Mix in the black pepper, pepper flakes and nutritional yeast. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Add some more salt, broth, tang(lemon) if needed to balance.
Fold in the spinach if using. Let sit for a minute. Then serve with pesto/basil and/or vegan ricotta/mozzarella, and garlic bread. I usually use pesto or some basil with garlic bread.
Variations: Add 1/4 tsp fennel seeds with the lentils for sausagey profile.
Add a 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa +1/2 cup more water to up the protein when you add lentils.
If using lentils/beans, use cooked lentils, 3/4 cup, or cooked white beans/chickpeas/veggie crumbles.
Saucepan: Follow steps 1 and 2 over medium heat. Add 3 cups of water (dont add lasagna sheets). Partially cover and bring to a boil. Add lasagna sheets and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pasta and lentils are cooked through. Proceed with the last 2 steps.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 serves. Does not include toppings.