Crunchy Veggie Vegan Summer Rolls Deconstructed into a Bowl. Served with Date Sweetened Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce. Fresh Spring Rolls/ Rice paper rolls in a bowl. Make a bowl, wrap or fill up rice paper wrappers. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe. No Refined Sugar or Oil. Use Sunbutter to make it nutfree Jump to Recipe
I love fresh Vietnamese Spring Rolls. The fresh veggies, mint, cilantro, peanut sauce or sweet and spicy dipping sauce. Everything just works so well together. When I want some refreshing crunchy veggie fresh rolls with the crunch, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, mint, cilantro, tofu, noodles and a fabulous dipping sauce but don’t want to roll things up, I make it into a deconstructed Summer Roll Bowl!
Prep the veggies and the noodles, marinate and bake the tofu, meanwhile blend up the Peanut sauce that is sweetened with dates. No refined Sugar or Oil in this Bowl! Assemble into bowl, rolls, wrap or however you like and serve.
Crunchy, Refreshing, Easy, and Perfect! To make the sauce without nuts, use Sunbutter.
More Amazing Bowls from the blog
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Cajun Spiced Roasted Veggie Bowl with Creamy Garlic Sauce. GF
- Curried Kidney Bean Bowl with quinoa, zucchini, mango salsa GF, Nutfree
- Shawarma Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl GF Nutfree
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Chili Garlic Tofu Bowl with Vermicelli. GF Nutfree
So Fresh, So Delicious! 21 Gm of Protein in a Bowl.
Deconstructed Vegan Summer Rolls - Veggies Spring Rolls
- 12 to 14 oz (14 oz) firm Tofu pressed for atleast 10 mins to remove excess moisture.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or use tamari for glutenfree
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) ginger powder
Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (64.5 g) peanut butter
- 6 to 7 dates pitted
- 2 to 2.5 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 6 oz Vermicelli or Maifun Rice noodles cooked according to instruction on the package
- 2 to 3 cups (216 g) chopped lettuce
- julienned or thinly sliced carrots
- peeled and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup (45 g) mint leaves
- 1 cup (16 g) packed cilantro
- Slice everything as needed. Prepare the noodles according to instruction on the package, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Bake the tofu: Slice the pressed tofu into thin slices. Place in a shallow bowl (or directly in a baking dish). Drizzle the soy sauce all over. Sprinkle the garlic and ginger powder, flip around to coat and let sit for 10 mins. Place in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 mins. (Variation: use 1 Tbsp vegan hoisin sauce and 1 tbsp soy sauce). Slice when cool into desired bite size pieces based on how you plan to serve.
- Blend everything under peanut sauce with 1/2 cup of water. Taste and adjust salt, sweet (add some maple syrup or sugar if needed), tang (adjust lime).
- Assemble in a bowl or wrap with good portions of the lettuce, noodles, mint, cilantro, cucumber, carrots and baked tofu. Drizzle the sauce generously and also serve some on the side. Or if you are up for up, make fresh rolls with spring roll wrappers! Dip the rolls in Peanut Sauce and enjoy