Vegan Rose Sauce Farfalle Pasta with Roasted Veggies. Easy Vegan Tomato Cream Sauce, serve with farfalle or other pasta, roasted veggies and vegan parm. Soyfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free, nut-free Jump to Recipe
I have been craving a variety of pasta sauces and dishes lately. This Rose sauce comes together really quickly, is silky, creamy, tomatoey, herby and just perfect for a Spring Dinner or lunch.
I roasted up some veggies that I had to use up with garlic and olive oil to top the pasta. Use whichever veggies you like. Roasted cauliflower or broccoli, asparagus and others will work as well. While the veggies, roast, cook the pasta and blend the rose sauce. The sauce uses tomato sauce, herbs, cashews all blended to make a quick silky sauce. It can also be made nut-free, see recipe notes section for option. I love a crisp breadcrumb, garlic, parm topping on this dish. The crisp sprinkle over creamy sauce is amazing!
Serve warm with pasta of choice and topping as roasted veggies, vegan parm/garlic breadcrumb, pepper flakes and fresh basil.
If you try this recipe, do let me know how you liked it, served it or other notes suggestions in the comments below.
More amazing Pasta from the blog
- Garlic Pasta with Cajun Cauliflower – super popular
- Cauliflower Parmesan Pasta Bake – sliced cauliflower, baked then dressed in vegan mozz, baked over pasta
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta with pumpkin cream sauce and crisp Sage . so good.
- Black pepper Mac and Cheese with Potato Carrot Cheese Sauce
- Chickpea Chorizo, Quinoa shells in tomato sauce. GF
- Sundried tomato and basil with spaghetti squash pasta.GF
- Fajita Chickpea Pasta. Gf option
To make this higher protein, add some black pepper chickpeas from my Roasted Red pepper sauce pasta post! Whats your current favorite pasta/sauce?
Vegan Rose Sauce Farfalle Pasta with Roasted Veggies. Easy Vegan Rose Sauce, serve with farfalle or other pasta, roasted veggies and vegan parm. Vegan Soyfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free
- 2-3 Carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 6 to 7 oz farfalle , use gluten-free pasta if needed
- 10 to 12 oz tomato sauce , (about 1 cup ) or puree tomatoes and use 1 cup of the puree
- 1/3 cup cashews (soaked for 15 mins if needed) 1/4 to 1/3 depending on the creaminess you want
- 2 tsp flour , use rice flour for gluten-free
- 1 tsp onion flakes or 1/4 cup sauteed onion
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or a few fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper or black pepper
- 1 cup water or broth divided
- More fresh or dried basil and red pepper flakes for garnish
Toss the sliced veggies in oil or rub the oil. ( use aquafaba to make without oil)
Add the herbs, spices and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 mins
Optional Breadcrumb topping: Mix the 3 tbsp breadcrumbs, 1/4 tsp garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil and red pepper flakes to taste in a small baking dish. Place the dish in the oven in the last 8 minutes of baking.
Prepare the pasta according to instruction on the package. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
Blend the tomato sauce with the rest of the ingredients . Use 1/2 cup water or broth to rinse out the tomato sauce can/bottle and add to the blender. Blend until smooth. See notes to make this nut-free
Pour the sauce into a skillet. Use 1/2 cup water or broth to rinse the blender and pour into the skillet. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust flavor. Depending on the tomato sauce used, you might need more herbs if it sauce was unseasoned. Add some more non dairy milk or water to adjust consistency if needed.
Fold in the pasta. cook for a minute and let it sit for another 2 minutes before serving.
Serve with the roasted veggies and breadcrumbs. Some fresh basil, pepper flakes and vegan parm make a great garnish.
To make this nut-free: Roast another zucchini with the veggies. Add the cooked zucchini and 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds to the blender with the tomato sauce and other ingredients. Blend until smooth and use.
Nutrition is 1 of 3 serves