Tofu and Veggie BBQ Bowl. Veggies and Tofu tossed in from scratch barbecue seasoning and baked. Serve over quinoa dressed with bbq sauce. Vegan Nutfree Recipe. Can be gluten-free
Sometimes you want simple roasted bowl with simple flavor. But you know me, the flavors have got to be kicked up a bit. These BBQ Seasoning Roasted Veggies and Tofu come together very quickly and are perfect for the picnic and barbecue season!
For this Roasted veggie bowl, I make my own bbq seasoning. Smoky, sweet, spicy, savory. The blend can also can act as a rub if using vegan meat subs. Make a double batch of that bbq blend! Toss the veggies and tofu in the seasoning with a few tbsp breadcrumbs to pick up more of the seasoning. Roast, then serve over quinoa or greens. Dress liberally with bbq sauce. I have a from scratch soy free bbq sauce in Everyday Kitchen which will work wonderfully here. Or use other favorite vegan sauce. I used this blend on my BBQ Sweet Potato Pizza and the heat and smokyness went so well on sweet potatoes. Add some sweet potatoes to this bowl too.
More Summer Bowls from the blog
- Peanut Butter Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Spanish Rice, Taco Spice Roasted Cauliflower Bowl. GF
- Shawarma Chickpeas, Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl GF
- Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with almond Sriracha sauce GF
- Chili Garlic Tofu Bowl with Vermicelli. GF
- Sour Cream Roasted Potato Cauliflower Chickpea Bowl -Elevated potato Salad. GF
Tofu and Veggie BBQ Bowl with homemade bbq Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) oregano
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) dill
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground cumin or use coriander powder if you dont like cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika mix of sweet and smoked, or use 2 tsp paprika and 1 tsp ancho chili powder for deeper flavor
- good dashes of cayenne and black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or light brown sugar
Veggies + Tofu:
- 1/2 (0.5 ) small cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 1 large carrot sliced into thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper sliced into thick slices
- 7 oz tofu pressed for 15 mins then and cubed
- 5 asparagus spears chopped into an inch size pieces, or use other veggies such as broccoli, broccolini, sweet potato
- 2 tsp oil
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp breadcrumbs (use gluten-free breadcrumbs, coarsely ground oats or almnd meal to make it gluten-free)
- 2 cups (370 g) cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup (95.33 g) Vegan BBQ Sauce
- cilantro or parsley, lime, pepper flakes for garnish
- In a bowl mix the seasoning ingredients + salt + breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl add the veggies and tofu, drizzle oil and sprinkle 1-2 tsp water and mix well to coat.
- Add the seasoning mix and toss well to coat. Spread the tofu and veggies on a parchment lined sheet or baking dish. Put the peppers and asparagus on a separate sheet so that you can remove them earlier as they roast faster.
- Bake at 420 degrees F (215 deg C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the pepper and asparagus after 20 mins and turn the other sheet around.
- Assemble the bowl with some cooked quinoa. Add the roasted veggies and tofu, cilantro or parsley, pepper flakes if using. Drizzle bbq sauce all over and serve.