BBQ Sweet Potato Pizza. Easy Summer Pizza with Sweet Potato, Corn, Jalapeno tossed in homemade BBQ Seasoning and dressed in Barbecue sauce. Grill or bake or make into a quesadilla. Vegan Nut-free Recipe. Soy-free Gluten-free option
Sometimes you just need a simple veggie pizza with good drizzle of bbq sauce. My summer meals have been vegetable heavy with less beans. They just seem to feel better on the tummy. So this Pizza is just veggies.
The pizza uses my 20 Minute Pizza Crust and barbecue sauce tossed with some cooked sweet potato, corn, peppers, onions and jalapeno. The veggies are then sprinkled with my from scratch Barbecue seasoning(which needs to be used in many other ways!). Many of the ingredients have a sweetish profile. I was wondering about that when I made this the first time but surprisingly that is what I wanted to eat. It also helped curb the sweet craving post lunch. Use your favorite bbq sauce, I like this Annie’s Smoky Maple bbq Sauce, or use my soy-free bbq sauce. Add other veggies like small florets of cauliflower or broccoli or some black beans or chickpeas tossed in the fabulous bbq seasoning.
Easy, flavorful and Summery!
More Pizzas from the blog.
- Simple Veggie Pizza with 20 minute Crust with garlicky olive oil and no cheese.
- Pizza with chipotle red lentil tomato sauce and vegan ricotta , this pizza sauce also is amazing as pasta sauce
- Sriracha BBQ Tofu Pizza with almond milk pepperjack because Sriracha!
- Deep dish Black eyed pea Pizza
- Berbere Chickpea Pizza with tahini garlic dressing. All you want in a wrap, on a puffy pan crust pizza.
- Buffalo Chickpea Pizza with celery ranch dressing. Looks time intensive but really isnt.
If you make the pizza, do let me know in the comments!
BBQ Corn Jalapeno Sweet Potato Pizza
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) each of garlic powder , oregano/parsley, ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) each of onion powder , thyme, cayenne, salt, celery seed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Boil the Sweet potato and corn in a saucepan over medium heat. Add water just to cover the veggies. Boil for 5 minutes once boiling. Drain and cool for a minute then transfer to a bowl.
- Toss with onions, peppers/veggies and 2 tbsp bbq sauce and a good dash of black pepper.
- Shape the pizza dough into one large thin crust pizza.
- Brush olive oil on the pizza dough. Spread Sweet potato mixture on the pizza. Add jalapeno. Sprinkle bbq seasoning all over the veggies generously. Drizzle some or all of the bbq sauce.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes. Cool for a minute. Garnish with cilantro, more bbq seasoning and more bbq sauce if you wish. Slice and serve.