Easy Vegan Cardamom Cookies. These soft cookies are a cross between cardamom shortbread and Snickerdoodles. Vegan Soyfree Palm Oil free Recipe. Glutenfree option. Jump to Recipe
If you love cardamom, you will love these cookies! Soft, melt in your mouth cookies that remind you of shortbread, snickerdoodle, and Indian Desserts, all rolled into one.
I use seeds from whole green cardamom pods and ground cardamom for extra flavor punch. The nut butter and almond flour add the texture. The cookie is easily refined sugar free and is palm oil free. Change up the spices to cinnamon, chai, pumpkin pie spice for variation.
MORE COOKIES FROM THE BLOG – yumm
- PB Chickpea Cookie Pie- Can be nut-free. GF
- Lemon Chia Cookies. GF option
- Peanut butter Pecan Cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Ginger Tahini Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies with coconut oil
Easy Vegan Cardamom Cookies. These soft cookies are a cross between cardamom shortbread and Snickerdoodles. Vegan Soyfree Palm Oil free Recipe. Glutenfree option
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp applesauce or non dairy yogurt
- 3/4 cup flour (I use a mix of whole wheat and all purpose)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- seeds of two green cardamom pods, coarsely crushed (or use 1/4 tsp more ground cardamom)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground cardamom powder (us full 1/2 tsp if omitting cardamom seeds)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cane sugar or use more coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
In a bowl combine peanut butter, oil, Maple syrup, Apple sauce/ yogurt. Mix until smooth.
In another bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and cardamom. Mix well
Add to the wet bowl and combine to form a sticky dough. Add a tablespoon or more flour if the dough is too sticky. You can also do this after chilling.
Chill the dough for 20 mins
Mix the coating ingredients in a shallow bowl.
Take the dough out of the fridge. Divide it into equal size balls of inch or larger. Roll the balls into coating mixture and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten them.
Bake at 350 F (176 C) for 11 to 12 minute
- Cool completely before storing
To make these gluten-free: Mix 1/3 cup rice flour or oat flour, 1/3 cup almond flour, 2 tbsp starch(potato or corn).
Nutrition is for 1 Cookie