Tahini Cookies with Candied Ginger and Gingerbread Spices. Easy Holiday Cookies. 1 Bowl Whole Wheat Crinkle Ginger Cookies. Add molasses or chocolate for variation. Vegan Nut-free Palm oil-free Recipe. GF option.
If you like tahini, you will love these Tahini cookies! Tahini + Ginger bread spices and Candied ginger make this a crinkly and delicious cookie. These cookies are soft when just baked and get more like a shortbread-y crumbly cookie as they cool. A bit crunchier than shortbread s they sit for longer. If you like softer cookies, bake a minute less and consume within the day. Store in a box for upto 3 days.
For a molasses ginger cookies, use 1 tbsp molasses + 1 tbsp oil instead of the 2 tbsp. Add other spices or chocolate chips for variation. Make these simple 1 Bowl Tahini Cookies and dress in sugar, sprinkles, candied ginger, or drizzle some simple icing. Easily made glutenfree. See Recipe notes.
If you make these, do tag me on Instagram and leave comments here on the post about how they turned out! I love to hear from you.
More Holiday Cookies from the blog. No palm oil!
- Grain-free Chocolate Ginger Fudgy Cookies. GF
- Oatmeal Walnut chocolate Chunk Cookies GF option
- Chickpea flour Chocolate chip cookies GF
- Peanut/Almond butter Pecan Cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Giant chocolate chip and chunk cookies
- Ginger Molasses crinkle cookies. GF
- Double Chocolate chip cookies.
Make your cookie dough. It should be smooth and not too dry.
Shape into 1 to 1.5 inch flat discs. Press one side in granulated sugar and place on parchment lined sheet. The cookies double in size, so keep them atleast 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
Ginger Tahini Cookies 1 Bowl
- 1/4 cup (60 g) heaped cup tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp non dairy milk like almond
- 3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cinnamon
- a good pinch of cloves and nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 3/4 cup (90 g) or more whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) salt
- 2 tbsp chopped candied ginger
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc. Add all the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix well u til smooth.
- Add the spices, baking powder, soda and mix.
- Add the flour, salt and candied ginger and mix in to make a smooth dough. You will need to get your hands in. If the mixture is too wet, add another tbsp flour. If the mixture is too dry, add a splash of non dairy milk.
- Divide into equal portions and shape into 1.5 inch flat discs. Press one side of the disc in granulated sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely and serve. For softer cookies bake 1 minute less. For crispier bake a minute or so longer. Store in a box for upto 3 days.