Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookie Pie. Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookies. Deep dish Cookie Pie. Fudgy Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookie Pie Recipe. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Recipe. Can be Nut-free. Jump to Recipe
Some days I always have an excess of chickpeas when experimenting with aquafaba. There is only so much chana masala or other chickpea curries that I can eat in a week. This Chickpea cookie pie is handy to use those chickpeas and also be a treat to serve to everyone.
This cookie pie is fudgy, chocolatey, crispy on the edges, gooey in the middle and just perfect all around. There is no flavor of the chickpeas. Serve these with your favorite vegan ice cream or as is. I like to make the pie skinnier than a deep dish cookie pie to allow it to crisp and cook evenly and be more cookie like. Other beans such as white beans or navy beans should work as well. This recipe is gluten-free and can be made nut-free.
The batter can also be baked into blondie bars. Double the recipe, put everything in a food processor, blend, spread into a pan, and bake into a 9 by 9 brownie pan. Easy as can be.
I served it with cashew vanilla ice ream and Moon Goo Caramel, which is caramel + charcoal from Frankie and Jos, the new spot in town with amazing ice creams. So many vegan options these days!
More desserts from the blog.
- Chickpea flour chocolate chip cookies
- Oatmeal Walnut chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Peanut/Almond butter Pecan Cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies. GF oil-free
- Ginger Tahini Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies with coconut oil
Blend up all the ingredients until smooth.
Fold in chocolate chips, try not to eat up the batter and spread in a greased baking pan.
Bake and cool for 10 mins. The pie is fudgy and soft in the middle. I slice it in the pan and and pic up each slice. If the pie or blondie turns out too crunchy or crumbly, it probably got a bit overbaked. Check earlier and under bake for best results.
Slice into pie slices or squares and Serve with favorite vegan ice cream or whipped coconut cream or as is. This recipe is loosely adapted from the many deep dish cookie pies on the web. If you make the pie, do let me know how it turned out!
Use sunflower seed butter to make it nut-free. Sunbutter Reacts with baking powder and soda to turn the baked goods green when cooling. Use half the amounts of baking powder and soda and add a tsp of lemon juice to reduce the chances of that happening. Also the green color is harmless and ok to eat.
Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookie Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup (60 g) oat flour certified gluten-free if needed *, or use regular flour
- 1 cup (164 g) cooked chickpeas drained if using canned
- 2 tbsp coconut oil refined if you dont want the coconut flavor
- 1/3 cup (83.33 g) nut butter such as peanut almond or cashew, or use sunbutter to make nut-free
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 to 4 tbsp coconut sugar or other sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt depends on if the nut butter and chickpeas are already salted
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) ground cinnamon optional
- 1/2 cup (80 g) vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc.
- Add all the ingredients except chocolate chips to a food processor. Process for half a minute, scrape sides and process again until smooth. Taste and adjust sweet if needed. (If the mixture is too stiff, add a tbsp or more aquafaba or non dairy milk and blend in. See pictures for texture).
- Reserve a tbsp of chocolate chips for garnish. Fold in the rest of the chocolate chips into the thick batter in the processor.
- Grease or line an 8 inch or smaller cake pan. Transfer the batter onto the pan and spread it out using a spatula. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until the center looks set. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with dollop of vegan vanilla ice cream or whipped coconut cream, and melted chocolate or vegan caramel.
Can the nut butter be omitted to make just a chocolate chip cookie pie?
Yes add 3 tbsp oil and the rest non dairy milk to sub nut butter
Amazing! Since discovery, I make these every year to pack for summer road trips!
Vegan Richa Support
sounds fun 🚗
This was OMG! i did not add as much sugar. But i did drizzle hot caramel with a squirt of coconut whipped cream. Thank you!
This recipe turned out amazing! I used peanut butter and 3 tbsp maple syrup. I decided to forego any extra sugar. I couldn’t taste the chickpeas at all and overall amazing recipe!
Vegan Richa Support
Excellent . thanks for stopping in ♡
Yummmm!!! So good and comes together quickly. We loved it “raw” too which I’m assuming is fine since I used oat flour and canned chickpeas. My only complaint is I wish the measurements were set up for one can of chickpeas, which comes out to maybe 1 1/4 cup. I just used the whole can, which might be mine was more crumbly? Overall still a five star recipe like everything you create!