I am super excited!!!! and grateful! I got my copies of the book and it has started shipping as you read this! 6 days to release date!
It has been almost a whole year of hard work. I was so apprehensive about how it will work out, how the recipes will be liked by the testers, how it will get tied together. So many edits, photography, days when I thought I wouldn’t be able to read another page, and now it is all printed!
If you love what I do, if you have made my recipe and loved it, if you love the photos I take, and love the amazing food, you need to order your copy today (Available Internationally)! If you already ordered, THANK YOU! Know that you are supporting me and some wonderful charities.
Exclusive Sneak Peak into The Book !
Watch it in HD! If the video above is not visible, watch it on youtube here..
There is a scientific reason that Indian food feels insanely delicious to many. The spices and flavors that don’t necessarily feel complementary are often used to give the final dish a complex flavor profile. It is radical and mesmerizing! And made accessible in the book!
Whether you are Vegan or not, Indian or not, and simply want to eat some delicious food, this book can find a home on your shelf.
If you love the recipes on the blog, you will love Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen
- The book has 150 + recipes for everything from Breakfast, Appetizers, Small Plates, Vegetable Sides, One Pot Meals, Mains, Flat breads, and Desserts!
- With 90+ gorgeous photos!
- There are brand new recipes and some blog favorites (15 or so).
- All the recipes fall into one of 3 categories, they already are gluten-free, they have gluten-free options, or have a gluten-free recipe for the same thing in the book (for eg. regular Naan and gluten-free Naan are listed as 2 different recipes.)
- Almost all recipes except two can be made soy-free. In general most are by default soy-free.
- Most recipes are also kid -approved as they were tested by my testers’ fabulous kids!
- This is the Only Vegan Indian Cookbook by a Vegan.
- Make innumerable variations of the recipes. Use one of the 3 veggie balls/koftas with any of the 20+ Main sauces, use vegetables or beans of choice with any of the sauces, use other lentils in the 25+ dals!
- Everything is savory except the dessert section.
Advance Praise for Vegan Richa’s Indian kitchen.
Richa Hingle’s first cookbook is nothing short of phenomenal. One of the best cookbooks on Indian food (vegan or not) I’ve ever seen. —Colleen Holland, Co-Founder of VegNews Magazine
Richa makes Indian cooking easy and delicious. —Kathy Hester, author of The Great Vegan Bean Book and OATrageous Oatmeals
Richa’s recipes for the vegan dietary lifestyle are rich and comforting. – Raghavan Iyer, author of 660 curries
From sensuous curries and dals, to a show-stopping whole-roasted cauliflower and decadent dairy-free desserts, the gorgeously photographed recipes are a nothing short of magical. —Robin Robertson, author of Vegan Without Borders, Vegan Planet, and others
Each bold, piquant bite is unparalleled. —Hannah Kaminsky, author of My Sweet Vegan, Vegan Desserts, and others
With superbly spiced recipes, eye-catching photographs and mouthwatering descriptions, this book will find a permanent place in your kitchen. —Monica Bhide, author Modern Spice
Vegan organizations, charities and sanctuaries in India have a different set of problems which need creative and sustainable solutions. I try to support these organizations with the blog and now the book in any which way I can. These organizations, most of which were founded by fabulous vegans, are efficient and known for their self sustaining innovative solutions.
Read more about Help Animals India, VSPCA, Animal Aid, Wildlife SOS India here. 40% of what I get for the book, will go to these fabulous organizations!
Dates and Giveaways
Next week, there is a Mega giveaway going on and everyone who pre-ordered or orders now and has a shipping notification gets something! Yes, Every single one of you! The amazing brands that are collaborating with me for the Launch are
So Delicious Dairy-free, Bob’s Red Mill, Blendtec, Magic Bullet, Living Harvest Tempt, Beyond Meat, World Spice, Instant Pot, World Spice, Magic Bullet, Earth Balance and EatGrain.ca! A Big Thank you to these wonderful companies!
If you are waiting to Order a copy.. and wondering why get an Indian cookbook? Because it is flavorful food that you can cook and serve as you want!
- Make a Pizza with the main sauces, thick dals as topping or some of the sides,
- Serve Dals as soups.
- Make bowls or wraps!
- Make sloppy joes, burgers or grilled sandwiches,
- Use the main sauces as Dips with roasted veggies or summer rolls!
Are We excited yet!!!
Oh yes, and if you are wondering how to pronounce Richa, it is Rich-ah. Say rich and ah together quickly with the last h a bit silent. 🙂
Sneak Peak Giveaway!
I am giving away 2 Signed copies of the book on this post. To enter, please share/repost/retweet this post, or the amazon link on any social media of choice (twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook) and post the shared post url in a comment on this post!
This giveaway ends Friday May 15 afternoon, so I can mail out the books to you to reach by May 19! Open to US only.
Tanya and Celeste, your books are on the way!