You know what you can stuff in Sweet Potatoes.. Lentils!
These super easy stuffed Sweet potatoes are ready before you know it. Just 20 to 30 minutes in the kitchen and a delicious, allergy friendly meal or side.
I use Black Beluga Lentils in this recipe. They look so delicate and pretty. The lentils are cooked with chipotle chili in adobo sauce and smoky spices and corn. Top with a dollop of guacamole or mashed avocado and vegan sour cream or cashew cream. Use any lentils of choice. These Mexican stuffed Sweet potatoes are here to stay! Perfect for the holiday season.
More Ideas to stuff Sweet Potatoes
- Taco Spice Chickpeas and Cauliflower
- Refried Beans and Lime Crema
- BBQ chickpeas
- Herbed Harvest Chickpeas
- Smoky Black Beans
- Chana Masala – yes!
Have you started planning your Holiday Menu yet? What would you like to see on the blog’s upcoming menu.
If you make something from the blog, use #veganricha on Instagram or twitter!
Cook them up and stuff in freshly baked Sweet potatoes.
Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
Beluga Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup (100 g) dry beluga lentils/caviar black lentils picked through and washed or other brown lentils
- 3/4 cup (187.5 ml) water or more water depending on the lentils used
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dry thyme
- 1 to 2 chipotle chili in adobo sauce use less for less spice
- 1/2 cup (77 g) corn frozen or fresh or other other veggies
- 3-4 (3 ) sweet potatoes
- guacamole vegan sour cream/mayo/cashew cream, cilantro, lemon juice for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes and bake for 50 minutes to an hour until tender. Poke a few more holes mid way through baking.
- Wash and drain the lentils. Add to a pan with 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil at medium heat. 4-5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low-medium and cook partially covered for 15 minutes. Add more water if the lentils begin to stick. Adjust water according to lentils used.
- Add the salt, spices, chopped chipotle pepper and corn to the lentils. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven, cool slightly. Slice the baked sweet potatoes. Load them up with the lentil mixture. Add a dollop of guacamole, vegan sour cream or cashew cream, chopped cilantro, lemon juice. use any other toppings like salsa, pickled jalapenos etc.