This cherry amaretto bread loaf is yeast based and made with melted ice cream!Jump to Recipe
Told ya, that I used some of the icecream in breads too. Well here is one yeast bread loaf made with melted ice cream! The icecream gives it a mild flavor and as most of my mildly sweeet breads works great for French Toasts(recipe included)! Breakfast should be fun and simple with a few new twists every now and then.:) The flavor can be enhanced with some added cherries and amaretto extract or liquor.
Cherry Amaretto Bread Loaf
- 1.5 cups (187.5 g) bread flour
- 1.5 cups (180 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) melted So Delicious Cherry Amaretto Almond milk icecream
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) warm water
- 1.5 teaspoons active yeast
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar or equivalent sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 2 Tablespoons organic canola oil or olive oil
- Add the yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar to warm water. Mix and let it sit until frothy. 10 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, add the flours, salt, rest of the sugar and mix well.
- Add in the melted icecream, oil and yeast mixture and knead for 6-8 minutes. Scraping sides every 2-3 minutes.
- Check the dough when it starts to form and Add a Tablespoon or so more warm water if the dough is hard to touch. Also add in half a cup of chopped cherries if you like.
- Knead into a soft dough. The dough should be soft and well formed. It will be sticky because of the icecream, but not because of excess wetness.
- Place dough in well greased container. Spray water on top, cover and let sit in a warm place for 1.5 hours or until doubled.
- Take dough out on a working surface.
- Using a little bread flour, knead for a minute, and then flatten it out into an inch thick rectangle.
- Roll it up like a jelly roll. Seal the edges. Place the roll seam side down in a well greased or parchment lined bread pan.
- Spray water on top. Sprinkle some oats or seeds.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake in pre-heated 365 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from bread pan and cool on rack completely before slicing.
- Serve toasted.