I clicked a bunch of pictures of the every day food when Mom was visiting. I had to remember to do so on most days. The food would always get ready around meal time and served hot. Imagine trying to hold myself and sometimes others from eating, to take one picture.:) Now, to edit the pictures and also cook up a few other things in between to give you all a break from all the Indian food :).
I think I should call up Mom and talk to her about what she is cooking up today to get pumped up about creating something in the kitchen. Sigh, I am missing everyone terribly and feeling uninspired. Mom now has Surface and Iphone, and uses Skype to call whenever she feels like it, which is every day. 🙂 She is the cutest.
This Potato Pea stir fry is absolutely delicious and more so if you like cilantro. There is fresh cilantro crisped up in the oil, dry coriander seed powder and topped with more fresh cilantro. It can work as a side with an Indian meal with Dal, Roti and salad, eaten as is, or top a bowl of quinoa, or use as stuffing for sandwiches, wraps or samosas.
How do you like your potatoes?
More Potato dishes, wet and dry veggie sides here.
Dhania Waale Aloo Matar - Potatoes and Peas stir fry with crisp Cilantro. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup (8 g) chopped cilantro packed
- 3 potatoes cubed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder sukha dhania powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) turmeric powder haldi
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) chili powder or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 cup (108.75 g) peas
- 3/4 teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- more cilantro for garnish
- In a large pan, add oil and heat on medium heat.
- Add cilantro and mix and cook for 2 minutes until lightly crisp on the edges.
- Add potatoes and cook for 6-7 minutes, uncovered. Stir once in between.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric, chili powder, garlic and 1/2 tsp garam masala if using, and mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Add peas and salt, mix cover and cook on low-medium heat, until potatoes are done. 8-10 minutes. Stir once in between. Add a splash of water if the potatoes stick too much and mix in.
- Taste and adjust salt and spice. Mix well. Serve hot garnished with cilantro.
- Serve as a side with Dal, top a bowl of quinoa (add Mint chutney), or use as stuffing for sandwiches, wraps or samosas.