Ginger Pancakes. A healthy and delicious breakfast made with ginger syrup. Vegan Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Ginger Pancakes (Vegan Multigrain)
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) Bobs Red mill organic 7 grain Pancake mix (already has salt and rising agent)
- 1.5 tablespoons (20 g) self rising flour
- 3-4 tablespoons (45 ml) water/almond milk
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons ) ginger syrup or 1 tablespoon Agave syrup and 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger (1/2 cm pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- vegan butter for cooking and serving
- warm maple or agave syrup for serving
- I made some crystallized Ginger for the Ginger Molasses Cookies and had some ginger syrup left. Recipe for crystallized ginger and ginger syrup here.
- The syrup is the water and sugar in which the ginger is boiled for 45 minutes or so to make the candied ginger. There is usually some thick syrup left over.
- In a large bowl, add in the flours, ginger syrup, crystallized ginger pieces, lemon juice and water or almond milk. Mix till just abut combined.
- Add more milk or water, 1 teaspoon at a time if the mixture is too thick.
- Add in the raisins and give a quick mix. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes
- Heat a pancake griddle or pan and spread some vegan butter on it.
- Drop large spoonfulls on batter on the pan.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes till the bubbles appear on top and the batter is soft but not runny.
- flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side
- Serve hot with butter, maple or agave syrup, fresh fruits of choice and tea or coffee!