Phukein, Chole/Chana Masala And Roti (Green Onions and Potatoes Garbanzo Bean Curry And Indian Flat Bread). A delicious, healthy and easy weeknight dinner. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Phukein, Chole/Chana Masala And Roti! (Green Onions And Potatoes Garbanzo Bean Curry And Indian Flat Bread)
- 2 medium organic potatoes chopped
- 2 cups (200 g) chopped green onions
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 green chili chopped or red chili flakes to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon organic canola oil
- In a medium deep pan, add the oil and heat on medium heat for a minute.
- Add in the cumin seeds and let them cook for a few seconds.
- Add in the garlic and chili and cook for a minute.
- Add in the potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes, covered on low-medium heat.
- Add in the green onions, turmeric and a little salt and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally until potatoes are well cooked.
- Serve hot topped with chopped cilantro leaves! Serve as part of meal with any lentil curry(Daal), or beans curry, or other soups/stews, Indian bread(Roti) and salad or any indian pickle.(my current favorite is the punjabi raw mango pickle)
- Another way to make this, is with Boiled potatoes. Add the boiled potatoes to the pan at Step 4.
- Mix well to coat. Add in the green onions as well along with the salt and turmeric and mix well. Cook on low heat for 6-8 minutes since the potatoes are already cooked. The green onions look fresher and retain their shape when cooked this way! Have a fun day!