Its chocolate mocha and vanilla rolled together in a bread! You know what you can make with this bread right. If you don’t scroll below the next picture. Jump to Recipe
Mocha Chocolate Swirl in Vanilla Wheat Bread. Vegan
Common: Make 2 batches of
- 1 teaspoon active yeast
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar 2 Tablespoons for sweeter. The bread has just a hint of sweetness with 2 tsps.
- 1/4 cup (62.5 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (52 ml) vanilla almond milk or few drops of vanilla extract + non dairy milk/water
- 1/2 cup (60 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) bread flour
- 1 Tablespoon evoo or organic canola oil
- 1/3 teaspoon (0.33 teaspoon) salt
For Mocha Chocolate :
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee skip for just chocolate layer
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- In 2 medium bowls, add 1/4 cup warm water, raw sugar and yeast. Mix and let sit until frothy(10 minutes).
- Add the vanilla almond milk, oil to one bowl.
- Add the flours and salt and knead 5-6 minutes in stand mixer or 8-9 minutes by hand. Cover and let rise for 1.5 hours or until doubled.
- Mix the coffee, cocoa powder, almond milk, salt and oil well.
- Add the flours and cocoa mixture to the yeast mixture in the other bowl and knead 5-6 minutes.
- You might need a little flour more or less depending on the flours used.
- Cover and let rise for 1.5 hours or until doubled.
- Punch dough down, use a Tablespoon or so bread flour to help make the dough less sticky and knead for a few seconds.
- Pat or roll out the vanilla dough into a rectangle.
- Roll out the mocha layer and place over the vanilla. (You can sprinkle a layer of chocolate chips on the vanilla layer before topping with the mocha layer)
- Roll up the layers like a tight jelly roll.
- Seal the edges and place seam side down in a parchment lined bread pan.
- Spray water on top. Top liberally with oats.
- Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled(40-50 minutes)
- Bake in reheated 365 degrees F for 30-35 minutes until a tap on the top sounds hollow.
- Let cool completely before slicing or storing. (Refrigerate for half an hour before slicing for clean less crumbly slices)