Oil-free Vegan Biscuits. These flaky savory herbed biscuits dont use any oil or butter! 7 Ingredients, 1 Bowl, 30 Mins. Soft inside and an amazing crumb. Vegan Soyfree Nutfree low fat Biscuit Recipe. GF option Jump to Recipe
Biscuits are a must side with gravy or other toppings for large holiday meals. They can be buttery and flaky without all the butter or even vegan butter! After making my no oil pumpkin scones, I used the similar process for these biscuits!
Chilled coconut cream and sweet potato mash or regular potato mash replace the butter, Mix it all in until the flour is like breadcrumbs. Then add your vegan buttermilk and done.
These Amazing Biscuits need 1 Bowl, 7 Ingredients, take just 15 mins of active time, and use simple methods. You can freeze the shaped biscuits to bake later to get warm biscuits when wanted!.
More Sides from the blog
- 100% Whole Grain Dinner Rolls
- Gluten free Dinner Rolls with Garlic & Basil GF
- Sweet Potato Rolls! Super Soft!
- Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits. GF
- Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread 1 Bowl
- Vegan Pumpkin Biscuits
Oil-free Vegan Biscuits
- 1.5 cups (187.5 g) flour
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt (2/3 if you like biscuits salty)
- 2.5 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- 2 tsp dried herbs (I used basil, rosemary and chives, 1 tbsp if fresh)
- 1/4 cup (33.25 g) mashed sweet potato or mashed potato (chilled for at least an hour)
- 1/3 cup (80 g) coconut cream (heaping cup - chilled overnight)
- 1/3 cup (78.86 ml) non dairy milk (such as almond or soy)
- 2 tsp lime juice
Optional add ins:
- Vegan cheese shreds, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp garlic powder or minced jalapeno
- Preheat the oven to 425 deg F ( 218 C). Line a thick baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, herbs to a shallow bowl. Whisk to mix well.
- Mix the lime juice in the non dairy milk and set aside.
- Add the chilled sweet potato mash and coconut cream. Use a pastry cutter or fork to mix them in until the flour has some even fat crumbs.
- Add the curdled non dairy milk a few tbsp at a time. Use a spatula to mix it in until just about a dough.
- Use a tablespoon of flour if needed and quickly bring the dough together into a flat rectangle with the spatula or hands.
- Use a 1.5 inch cookie cutter to cut out biscuits. Place biscuits on parchment lined baking sheet just about touching each other. Press the middle of the biscuits lightly with a finger, to make a slight dip. (Freeze the shaped biscuits on a baking sheet. When frozen, store in air tight container or bag. Bake directly from the freezer. You will need to add 3 to 4 mins additional baking time for frozen biscuits)
- Bake for 13 to 15 mins. Take off the sheet when done.
- Brush with vegan butter/oil if needed, or brush some aquafaba. Serve immediately with gravy of choice. These biscuits are best served warm.