Onion Fritters – Kanda Bhaji/Pakora. These delicious onion fitters are so simple yet delicious, a great treat or snack served with masala tea. Vegan and Gluten Free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Onion Fritters (Kanda Bhaji/Pakora simple pleasures
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 tablespoons (3 tablespoons) chickpea flour (besan),
- 2/3 teaspoon salt(or to taste),
- 1 Serrano chili pepper (less or more depending on needed spice)
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves,
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch asofetida (hing)
- 1 tablespoon oats,
- 1 tablespoon rice flour,
- chili flakes to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) carom seeds (Ajwain)
- 1/2 inch (0.5 inch) piece of ginger and enough warm water, blend to form a thick paste.
- Chop up the following.. 1 medium onion, 1 Serrano chili pepper (less or more depending on needed spice), a bunch of cilantro leaves, 2 teaspoons ginger and garlic and mix well.
- Mix in the chopped up veggies.
- Deep fry spoonfulls of this mixture on medium high.
- Few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with chaat masala, with tomato ketchup or chili sauce.