This quinoa pilaf is a quite neutral flavored(no sharp spice or herbs), so it can go well with any spread.Jump to Recipe
The snow is all gone and finally we got a partly sunny day, though it was still extremely cold.. I froze my toes! Chewie also feels the cold, if we take him on a longer walk he starts jumping instead of walking. Since we were snowed in all of the week, there was a lot of cooking and trials of glutenfree breads and dinner rolls! The dinner rolls were great if you like the sorghum taste..:) I am getting a hang of it now and liking sorghum(Jowar). I will play around with some millet and other whole grains too, lets see.
Quinoa Pilaf with Red bell pepper, Leek, Carrot, Peas.
- 1/2 cup (85 g) Quinoa
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1/4 cup (22.25 g) chopped Leek
- 1/3 cup (42.67 g) chopped Carrots
- 1/3 cup (49.67 g) chopped Red bell pepper
- Add other veggies like celery, mushrooms, greens of choice quantities depending on the amount of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) chili flakes or chopped green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) dried basil
- 1/4 cup (36.25 g) Peas
- 2/3 teaspoon (0.67 teaspoon) salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lemon juice
- roasted nuts, cashew or almond slivers, chopped cilantro garnish
- Cook Quinoa according to instructions(I usually cook 1/2 cup quinoa it in a little more than 3/4 cups water, roughly 1.5 times water, for about 15 minutes). You can also toast the quinoa a little before adding water for a fluffier nuttier quinoa. Fluff it up as soon as cooked.
- In a pan on medium heat, Oil, Leek, Carrots and Red bell pepper. Add other veggies like celery, mushrooms, greens of choice in quantities depending on the amount of cooked quinoa.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, uncovered, until Leek and Carrots start to get brown on the edges.
- Add chili flakes, dried basil and Peas and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the cooked quinoa, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Cook covered on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with roasted nuts(cashew or almond slivers, optional), chopped cilantro and serve hot!