Easy Mint Chutney. Indian Mint Cilantro Chutney to serve with Snacks, Samosa, Chaat, pakoda /fritters, potato cutlets and more. Pudina chutney. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe
This easy Mint Cilantro chutney goes well with Indian Snacks, as a dip with chips, samosas , other snacks, as a dressing on tacos or in sandwiches. This is a Versatile Green Chutney. Use all cilantro for cilantro chutney and all Mint for Mint Chutney. Adjust seasoning and spices to taste.
The chutney stays refrigerated for upto 5 days and can be frozen for 3 to 6 months. Thaw and use. I freeze it in small 2 to 4 serve jars.
- 2 to 3 green chilies remove seeds to adjust heat if needed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp or more lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider or white vinegar or use more lemon juice
- 2 small cloves of garlic optional - for garlic mint chile chutney
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger optional - for ginger mint chutney
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala optional or 1/4 tsp Indian Suphur salt (kala namak)
- Blend everything until smooth. Taste and adjust salt, spice and lemon. add more chilies for spice if needed and blend again. Refrigerate for upto 5 days. Freeze in small airtight container for upto 3 months. Thaw and use.
- You can add a Tbsp of non dairy yogurt, peanuts or coconut flakes to make a thicker chutney. Use this chutney in these rolls, as a side, with cutlets, tikka, grilled veggies, or as a salad dressing.