Ingredients for Roasted Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Sun dried Tomato Dressing
- The sun dried tomato dressing has sun dried tomatoes, cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic, basil and salt. It is a creamy delicious dressing that works over any salad.
- Nut-free: Use silken tofu or pepitas to make the dressing nut-free.
- The Salad has mixed greens, apples, pepitas and cauliflower and broccoli that get roasted with herbs, salt and pepper. You can use other seasonal fruits such as pear or berries, and other roasted veggies or root veggies for variation.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, dressing and salt and pepper as needed.
How to make Roasted Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Sun dried Tomato Dressing
Roasted Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Sun dried Tomato Dressing
Sun dried tomato dressing:
- 1/2 cup (55 g) sun dried tomato (dry version)
- 1/4 cup (32.25 g) cashews (use tofu or pepitas for nut-free)
- 1 cup (236.59 ml) water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups (200 g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (182 g) broccoli florets
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 cups (160 g) mixed baby Greens
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp pepitas or use nuts such as pecans, walnuts
- Sun dried tomato dressing: Soak the sun dried tomato for 15 mins. Transfer to a blender along with the soaking water and the rest of the ingredients. Blend. Add more water if needed.
- Salad: Add the veggies to a bowl. Drizzle oil and mix and toss. Rub in if needed. Add salt, pepper and herbs and toss well. (You can add other herbs and spice blends for variation, such as cajun, curry, taco spice etc). Transfer to parchment lined baking dish. Cover with parchment and bake at 400 deg F (205 C) for 12 mins, then remove parchment and continue to bake for 20 mins.
- Assemble greens of choice, Add sliced apple, roasted veggies, and pepitas. Drizzle generous dressing and serve.To Store: Store the dressing separately in the fridge for upto 3 days.