Award winning pizza! Fully vegan with a black-eyed pea pizza crust.Jump to Recipe
Isa (PPK) announced The Vegan version of Chopped, online 2 days back.. and my nerves have been working overtime since then. esp with a packed weekend. I have never watched Chopped, so I tried watch one of the episodes. The animal things and the camera movements(hello motion sickness) made that impossible. So I just read up about it and here we go!
Black-eyed Pea Pizza crust, Blackberry Tomato chutney w/ Cauliflower, and Spinach Blackberry Mint Salad. Glutenfree, recipe
- 1.5 cups (258 g) black eyed peas canned, cooked or sprouted
- 1/4 cup (20.25 g) Oats
- 1/4 cup (11.25 g) chopped Mint
- 1/2 cup (18 g) chopped Collard greens or other greens
- 1-2 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) melted 70% cacao chocolate skip if you dont like the chocolatey bitterness
- 2 Tablespoons organic oil of choice I used 1 Tbsp virgin coconut and 1 Tbp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt or to taste
- 3-4 cloves (3 cloves) of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) garam masala or to taste
- 1 dried red chili or to taste or skip
- 1/2 cup (50 g) small cauliflower florets
- Grape tomatoes
- Chopped Mint
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4-1/3 cup (36 g) Blackberries
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 green chili
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt to taste
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon 70% cacao chocolate or any bittersweet chocolate
- Chopped Spinach, Blackberries and Mint
- Start up the oven to preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Pulse all ingredients for the crust until a thick doughy batter is formed. Use a Tablespoon or so water if needed.
- Spread the thick batter on parchment lined sheet using circular motion to about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Chutney sauce. In a pan, add oil, heat on medium high.
- Add ginger and chili, Mix for a few seconds.
- Add chopped tomato and blackberries, salt to taste.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Stir every few seconds.
- Add the cauliflower, toss and cover and cook till 2 minutes.
- Take the crust out. Top it with the cauliflower and the thick chutney.
- Add halved grape tomatoes and other veggies of choice.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with freshly chopped mint and chili flakes before serving.
- Meanwhile, prep the salad. Chop up greens(I used Spinach), add Blackberries and mint.
- In a small pan, heat the balsamic vinegar on low. As soon as it starts to bubble a little, take off heat.
- Add chocolate and mix well.
- Let this mix cool for a few seconds and then top the salad with the dressing.
- If you like the dressing, then sprinkle some on the pizza as well!:) Serve.