Amazing Vegan Eggnog Pound Cake. This Eggnog cake has no eggs, or dairy, also doesn’t need premade eggnog, and is dense, pound cakey and full of winter flavor. Vegan Recipe.
Ah well, I am still playing catch up and we still have a week of baking and sharing desserts to go! Lets make this easy and delicious eggnog cake.
This Vegan Eggnog Pound cake is dense but melt in the mouth, has flavor from nutmeg, cloves, nog spices and the eggy ness from chickpea flour custard (you have to try it!). You can bake the batter into a bundt, change up the spices for different flavor and use complimentary icing of choice. The cake doesnt need premade vegan eggnog, but you can use it if you have some for deeper nog flavor. This cake is soft, pound cakey, amazing and a great treat to serve after any meal.
More Holiday Desserts from the blog
- Chocolate Pecan Pie GF
- Chocolate Pumpkin Tart with Almond Crust. GF SF Grain-free.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie. GF No Bake
- Classic Baked Pumpkin Pie with Rustic Crust. Cashew-free SF
- Dark Chocolate Silk Pie. GF SF
- Sweet potato Pie Bars. GF option
- Gluten-free Christmas Cake. non gf option
If you make this cake, do let me know how it turned out! Get my books to Start up 2018 by cooking up Amazing food! Available in many languages.
Vegan Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup (122.5 ml) non dairy yogurt or use thin cashew cream
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) non dairy milk , such as almond or soy
- 2/3 cup (133 gm) sugar (1/2 cup for less sweet)
- 2 tbsp organic safflower or other neutral oil
- 1/3 tsp (0.25 ) nutmeg , add more to preference
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) ground clove
- 1/8 tsp (0.13 tsp) pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp chickpea flour (or use regular flour)
- a good pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp organic safflower or other oil
- 1/2 tsp (1.5 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
- 1/4 cup (61 ml) non dairy milk or vegan eggnog
- 1 1/4 cup (156.25 g) flour , I use 3/4 cup all purpose and 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour. (See Recipe Notes for gluten-free)
- 1 1/4 tsp (1.25 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) baking soda
- Icing of choice
- In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients yogurt through a pinch of salt over medium heat. Whisk well occasionally to avoid flour lumps and bring to a good boil. Cook for another minute.
- The mixture will thicken slightly. Cool for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp oil, vanilla, salt and non dairy milk/eggnog and mix in. Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F (185 C). Line a loaf pan with parchment or grease it.
- In a another bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder and soda. Combine with the wet. If the mixture is too flowy, add another 1 to 2 tbsp of flour.
- Pour into parchment lined loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes. check with a toothpick from the center.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Slice with a serrated knife. Add icing if you like. Store on the counter for the day, or refrigerated for upto 5 days.
- Use icing of choice (that uses nog or nog spices to enhance the overall flavor). such as powdered sugar + 1-2 tbsp vegan eggnog. I also like a simple coconut cream icing with 1/4 cup coconut cream, 1/4 cup or more powdered sugar, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp nutmeg. Whisk until well combined.