These Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls are easy, soft and ready in 1 hour! Drizzle with your favorite glaze and make them this fall. Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, nut. Makes 1 9 inch pie pan or two 8 inch cake pans.
What’s fall without warm Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls! A load of Pumpkin Pie Spice, pumpkin puree in these simple rolls, which are filled with coconut sugar and cinnamon and baked to a beautiful golden. Then glazed with a simple coconut milk + sugar glaze. Add pumpkin pie spice or lime juice to the glaze. I used lime juice to add a fresh flavor burst to the glaze. Use any other vegan cream cheese based glaze.
What fun Pumpkin Recipes are you making this fall!
Have an hour to spare per week and can edit videos on youtube, or make videos with images, text and sound? A very wonderful rescue and sanctuary needs your help to make new and polish old videos so they can be shared via social media. 1-2 hour per week work and that too not every week, from anywhere in the world. Ping me!
Believe you me, these Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls will be a big hit! It has limited oil, it can be made without vegan butter/ palm oil and is awesome as is without the sugary glaze too! You can make it more decadent to preference with additional sugar or oil and more spice!. Add chopped pecans along with the sugar and cinnamon in the filling. Make some.
Reading this week
This article on Time.com- A case against Eating Ethically Raised Meat.
This story of a Mama cow who wouldn’t leave her baby because the bonds of motherhood are the same in all species.
Vromage – a Vegan Cheese Shop opens in West Hollywood! So fun!
Moby’s piece on HuffPo about Saving the Humans because of environmental issues like dwindling supply of fresh water, grains, climate change etc.
Make these Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!
Make the dough, roll out using a little flour. Brush oil, Sprinkle Sugar and cinnamon
Roll it up. Seal the edge with water. Slice into 3/4 to 2 inch rolls.
Place in greased or parchment lined baking pan. Let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
Bake for 17 minutes.
Take them out and immediately pour the glaze over.
Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Tbsp active or quick rise yeast or 1 sachet
- 1/2 cup (122 ml) non dairy milk like coconut or almond warmed
- 3 Tbsp ground raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal or chia seed meal
- 1 Tbsp oil optional
- 1/2 cup (122.5 g) pumpkin puree loaded
- 2 cups (250 g) unbleached white flour or bread flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Oat flour
- 2/3 tsp (0.67 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 to 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of ground ginger, 1/4 tsp each of cloves, nutmeg
- 2 to 3 Tbsp melted vegan butter or oil Or use a light spray of oil
- 1/3 cup (53.33 g) or more coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (113 ml) coconut milk canned, preferably full-fat, or use soy-milk
- 7 Tbsp sugar scant 1/2 cup. Use 1/3 cup for less sweet
- 3 Tbsp cashew flour for thickening, optional
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lime juice or 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In a bowl, combine warm non dairy milk, yeast and sugar. Let sit for 2 minutes. Add flaxmeal, warmed or room temperature pumpkin puree and oil and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk the flours, salt, spices and baking powder.
- Add dry to the wet and knead for a minute or 2 into a soft dough. Add more flour if needed.
- Using some flour, pat and roll the dough into a 24 inch by 9 inch oval-ish rectangle.
- Brush metled butter or oil on it.
- Sprinkle coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Start rolling from one side to make a long 24 inch roll. Brush water on the other side to seal.
- Cut into 3/4 to 1 inch rolls. Place the rolls in a greased or parchment lined dish. Spray or brush oil on the rolls. Cover the dish with a towel. Let rise for 20 minutes.( let them rise for 40 mins for a better rise if the ambient temp is cold)
- Meanwhile make the glaze: Blend everything under glaze until well combined and keep aside.
- Bake the rolls pre-heated 375 degrees F / 190ºc for 15 to 18 mins or until golden on some edges.
- Immediately pour the glaze over the rolls. Let sit to soak for a few minutes before serving.
shared at VVP this week.