Another amazing breakfast! gingery pancakes with candied ginger. I had some left over candied ginger after using some for the Ginger Molasses Cookies!
One Year Back: Beet And Orange Yeast Bread
- I made some crystallized Ginger for the Ginger Molasses Cookies and had some ginger syrup left. recipe for crystallized ginger and ginger syrup here . The syrup is the water and sugar in which the ginger is boiled for 45 minutes or so to make the candied ginger. There is usually some thick syrup left over.
- In a large bowl, add in the flours, ginger syrup, crystallized ginger pieces, lemon juice and water or almond milk. Mix till just abut combined.
- Add more milk or water, 1 teaspoon at a time if the mixture is too thick.
- Add in the raisins and give a quick mix. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes
- Heat a pancake griddle or pan and spread some vegan butter on it.
- Drop large spoonfulls on batter on the pan.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes till the bubbles appear on top and the batter is soft but not runny.
- flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side
- Serve hot with butter, maple or agave syrup, fresh fruits of choice and tea or coffee!
Sending the pancakes to Krithi's Breakfast Club Pancakes Event usually hosted at Helens Breakfast Club theme events
Also resposting Chocolate Pancakes with chocolate chips (non vegan version) for the event! Served here with maple and soaked almonds.
For vegan version, use above Ginger Pancake recipe, substitute chocolate chips for raisins and agave syrup for the ginger syrup.